Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'P'

Surname: Pollard
Christian Names: Lawrence Vincent
Country: Australia
State or Province: QLD
City or Town: Southport
Service #: 146108
Service: Army
Branch: Transport?
Commencement of service: 15 Aug 66
Completion of service: 20 Jun 72
Case Notes:

It’s not often you come across someone of the calibre of Lawrence Vincent Pollard. According to him he was a valued member of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO)! In fact, so much so, we’re apparently not even allowed to link him to his former employer for fear of imprisonment for up to 10 years.

To make matters worse, Pollard is the President of the Southport RSL Sub Branch. And to put icing on the cake, for his dedicated service to ASIO he was awarded an ASIO Medal AND a Certificate of Appreciation and Meritorious Service. Both of which he is very happy to show off to anyone who’s interested. However, if you doubt or question Pollard’s entitlement to wear this tin ‘ASIO’ medal on his left breast along with his two other legitimate medals, he will attempt to explain that it is totally and undisputedly genuine and he can prove it.

Mr Lawrence Vincent Pollard is a liar and a fraud.

When asked by ANZMI, this is what Pollard had to say about his ‘ASIO’ medal:

Good Day XXXX,

I have been half expecting an email from your group.

As you will see from the attached I am a former/retired member of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) and the third medal I wear is an ASIO Medal although the scan does not show it very well the name of ASIO is spelled out in detail around the medal.

The ASIO medal is not yet part of Australia’s Honours and Awards system, although it is presently being progressed and the matter is in the hands of the Director General of ASIO Major General Duncan Lewis (RTD). Mr Lewis is also progressing ASIO being made an eligible Organisation for the National Medal. We are aware that it will take some time for Letters Patent to be issued/approved for the ASIO Medal whereas the Governor General has the authority to declare an Organisation eligible for the National Medal and ASIO certainly qualifies even in relation to hazardous duty as there are two Islamists presently in jail for planning to kill ASIO officers.

In the meantime in order to be correct in the wearing of this medal I discussed the matter with Mr Peter Rush, Assistant Secretary Prime Minister & Cabinet Honours and Awards and Territories Branch. Mr Rush advised that as this is an Official Commonwealth Medal AWARDED to me and not a franklin mint or corn flakes packet medal I am entitled to wear it with my military medals and it does not come under the ACT in relation to honours and awards..

I have attached the ASIO Certificate of Meritorious Service to prove my credentials however you need to note Section 92 (1) (a) of the ASIO Act makes it offence for anyone to publish my name so will need to keep this correspondence confidential and as your group is concerned with integrity issues ( a cause which I support) I trust that you will appreciate this point.

I trust that this explanation puts this issue at rest and please contact me should you require any further information.

Lawrie Pollard

If Pollard was half-expecting an email from ANZMI, then he must have half-expected to be exposed as a liar and a fraud!

The ASIO medal that Pollard wears doesn’t exist, therefore he has taken it upon himself to have one made. The ribbon he has chosen for his ASIO medal is the one already used on the Dutch War Service 50th Anniversary medal (itself a ‘tin’ medal). ASIO does not have, and are unlikely to ever have, an official medal. To claim that the Director General of ASIO is contemplating the creation of an ASIO medal is also far-fetched. We doubt very much that, during this current climate of the threat from terrorism, the Director General would even waste his valuable time on this subject.

Pollard clearly admits that this piece of tin he’s wearing is not (yet) a part of the Australian Honours and Awards system. Pollard claims to have been given permission to wear the medal on the left side by a MrPeter Rush, Assistant Secretary Prime Minister & Cabinet Honours and Awards and Territories Branch. Firstly, there is no Honours and Awards and Territories Branch within the Office of the Prime Minister & Cabinet, it’s known as the Honours, Symbols and Territories Branch, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and they don’t deal with individual medals, they deal with honours and awards such as the Australian of the Year, etc. Regardless,Mr Rush gave no such permission for Pollard to wear the medal on the same side as his authorised military-issued medals. Here is an excerpt from the letter sent to Pollard regarding his request to wear the ASIO Medal:

‘Only official awards in the Australian honours system should be worn above the left breast. As the “ASIO Retired Officers Medallion” is not an official award in the Australian Honours system, it would not be appropriate to wear it on the left hand side. I note that, as a medallion rather than a medal, it is not designed to be worn.’

Best you put that so-called ‘ASIO Medal’ back in the cornflakes packet where you found it Mr Pollard!

As for the Certificate of Appreciation Pollard claims to have been awarded by ASIO….

The production of the certificate can be best described as amateurish. For starters; the word ‘Organization’ is spelled incorrectly. Australia ceased using the US dictionary method of spelling such words way before this certificate was signed in 1995. Furthermore, Pollard claims to have been employed with ASIO between 1968 and 1986. Yet this certificate was signed by the Director General Security in September 1995! Pollard had ceased working for ASIO over nine years earlier. Pollard also claims that this certificate is enough to prove his ‘credentials’. Of all people, Pollard should know that a piece of paper with your name printed on it doesn’t establish, confirm or prove your identity. Idiot!

With regard to Pollard’s rant about the ASIO Act 1979, Part V, section 92(1)(1a) protecting him from being publicly identified as a former employee of ASIO, what Pollard refers to in his email is quite correct. If someone publishes the name of a current or former employee or affiliate of the Organisation without prior authority, they will be committing an offence. Pollard must have thought he was being clever by quoting Section 92 (1) and (1a) of the ASIO Act 1979. He also must have thought that throwing a few references from the ASIO Act would frighten us enough to back off.

However…..

Under Section 92(1b) of the ASIO Act 1979 (2013 version), subsections (1) and (1a) do not apply in relation to the deliberate unauthorised publishing of the name of a former employee or affiliate of the Organisation if that person has caused or permitted the fact that the person is a former employee or affiliate of the Organisation to be made public. Mr Pollard openly states he is a former employee of ASIO, he openly allows anyone to see his fake Certificate of Appreciation and he wears a fake ‘ASIO Medal’ along with his RSL name tag which clearly links his name with his previous employer. Pollard ceased his employment with the Organisation almost 30 years ago, so it’s highly unlikely that he would put himself, his family or the general public in danger for openly stating who he used to work for.

ANZMI replied to Pollard’s email above by telling him we thought everything he has said so far is absolute bunkum! We then received his reply….

“On 16 June 2015 at 11:04, Sub Branch <subbranch@southportrsl.com.au> wrote:

Good Day XXXX,

When I attach for your information my ASIO Certificate of Meritorious Service what part of my email do you consider bunkum. Are you suggesting that I am impersonating a former Commonwealth Officer and if so you should report me to the Federal Police immediately.

If you are suggesting that I am wearing an ASIO medal to which I am not entitled then please report me to ASIO immediately their Brisbane telephone number is 3831 5980. They will then contact me and I will give my permission to talk with you.

If you do not desire to do that then you people cannot be as serious and of integrity as you purport.

Should you wish to discuss this matter with me my telephone No is 0414 239 855

Regards

Lawrie Pollard

We here at ANZMI are serious Mr Pollard, very serious. Furthermore, we don’t think you should be using the word ‘integrity’ as it is abundantly clear you don’t have any. We also reported Pollard to ASIO. It’s now up to them to decide what to do with him.

If Pollard is happy to give permission to ASIOs Brisbane office to answer our questions about him, then why is he hiding behind the ASIO Act 1979? Once again he has openly stated that he is a former employee of the Organisation, therefore enabling us to publish his name. We also did as he suggested and attempted to contact ASIOs Brisbane office. Unfortunately and unsurprisingly that number doesn’t exist. Is his ruse coming unstuck? Is his cover story falling apart? And then there was this….

From: Sub Branch <subbranch@southportrsl.com.au>
Date: 17 June 2015 at 10:57
Subject: ANZMI - Medals Lawrie POLLARD
To: XXXX <
XXXXXXXXXX>

Dear XXXX,

What you want to write about my medal is entirely up you, however I have been advised to send you the attached relevant section of the ASIO Act.

Should your Web Site contain any reference to my ASIO Service, then I will immediately file charges with the Australian Federal Police who as you know have the power to go behind your Gmail address.

If you are an Australian Citizen as you purport, and as you have been supplied with proof of my ASIO Service your actions would be indefensible.

I suggest you do more research on me and do not write me off as a nutter

Regards

Lawrie Pollard

We here at ANZMI conduct investigations without fear or favour. We are extremely thorough in our research and we ensure all of the information we collect during an investigation does not breach any state or federal laws. If Pollard decides to take legal action against ANZMI for publishing his name, it will be at his own expense and without the support of ASIO. The emails he has sent to ANZMI appear to be just a rant by some irrational and deluded ‘nutter’ who should be ‘written off’.

There’s also an “ASIO” trinket on the rack of medals on Pollard’s right breast, with the exception that this medal is bright and shiny! Pollard appears to be indicating he had/has a relative who was also an employee of ASIO.

Also, the beret Pollard is wearing in the first photograph is sporting an RAInf hat badge. On 15th August 1966 Pollard enlisted in the CMF and was posted to 1 Base Vehicle Workshop in Brisbane. It’s unlikely that Pollard was employed as an Infantry soldier in a vehicle workshop, so why is he wearing an Infantry Corps badge on his beret?

Pollard’s enlistment in the CMF in 1966 was soon after Australia committed troops to fight in Vietnam. It’s unknown what Corps Pollard was allocated to serve under upon completion of his basic training, but it would be safe to assume he was not RAInf as he would like you to believe.  Back then it was common for people to enlist in the CMF in order to avoid being conscripted and sent to the war in Vietnam, therefore ensuring they were never called up to complete a compulsory two year enlistment as a National Serviceman. Did Pollard enlist in the CMF to avoid his National Service obligation should his date of birth be selected? Only Pollard knows the answer to that question. On 20 June 1972 Pollard discharged from the CMF at his own request, which was (coincidentally) during the time Australian forces were being withdrawn from Vietnam.

And finally; Pollard recently sent a letter to Mr Terry Meehan, the (former) President, QLD State RSL:

“Mr Terry Meehan

Qld State President

RSL

Dear Terry,

1.     Several weeks ago Ian Ruxton, Deputy President of the Southport Sub Branch, acting on a Sub Branch Board request, asked you to provide a copy of the “Memorandum of Understanding”” signed between you as the Qld State President and the then CEO of QLD in relation to the use/operation of the Mates4Mates yacht. Mr Ruxton followed up this request with an SMS to you repeating this communication.

2.     As of this date we have not received any reply from you or even an acknowledgement of the email. We do not accept that this document could in any way be regarded as Confidential and we re- state our request for this document.

3.     We are also very concerned by a unofficial report we have received concerning  recent meetings of the Qld State  Board. The allegation which has been reported to us is that by a majority  the Board expressed a vote  of “No Confidence” in you as President on two separate occasions. As this matter is of direct interest to all Qld Sub Branch members particularly in the lead up to the AGM would you please as a matter of urgency advise:

(a) Is this allegation correct

(b) If so what action do you propose to take as a result

(c) I(c) If the allegation is correct what information do you propose to provide members in relation to your seeking re-election as President if  your fellow Board members have expressed no confidence in you.

4.     As concerned members of the RSL we ask that you treat this communication seriously and not ignore our right to information of relevance and importance.

Yours sincerely

Lawrie Pollard

President

Southport R&SL Sub Branch

Pollard is questioning Terry Meehan’s integrity regarding a recent event that occurred at the QLD RSL State HQ. Pollard has no right whatsoever to question another person’s integrity, particularly when he has none himself.

Pollard is a disgrace. He has conned his way into the President’s position within the Southport RSL Sub Branch, a position which demands the utmost of integrity, honesty and leadership. He has acted in an official capacity, both as the Vice President and President of the Southport RSL Sub Branch, which can only be regarded as inappropriate and an act of deliberate deception. He has attached a piece of tin to his authorised military medals when he should have been content with the ones he already has. Pollard has tried to lie, cheat and threaten his way out of being exposed, yet all he’s successfully done is bring discredit upon himself, his family and the Southport RSL Sub Branch. This poor excuse of an ex-serviceman needs to be outed as soon as possible before he does more damage to the reputation of the Southport RSL Sub Branch, it’s Executive and it’s members. What’s most disturbing is Pollard has belittled the good name of a relative by sticking a piece of tin onto their rack as well.

Here is a current photo of Mr Pollard (minus the ‘ASIO Medal’)….

Welcome to our website Mr Lawrence Vincent Pollard. This is where you’ll remain for the world to see for the rest of eternity.

Lawrence Pollard

and

Southport RSL Sub Branch

UPDATE

It seems not all is well in the Southport RSL Sub Branch. After ANZMI’s comprehensive investigation into Mr Pollard’s lies regarding his fake ASIO medal and transgressions between he and other ranking members of the QLD RSL, he has taken it upon himself to resign from his position as the President of the Southport RSL Sub Branch and from the RSL. Pollard chose the easy option and bolted rather than face the disciplinary action that RSL QLD was going to impose upon him for his less-than-honourable service.

While ANZMI’s investigations have identified Pollard as the miscreant that he is, in the past we’ve also had the opportunity to expose other members of the Southport RSL Sub Branch Executive Committee. These other cheats are Tull and Boese:

TULL

After ANZMI’s exposure of Tull he resigned from his role as Honorary Secretary after only 12 months in the job.  Tull is a medal cheat who was caught out and fell on his sword and resigned from the position of Secretary of the Southport RSL Sub Branch.

BOESE

In 2013 Boese was Treasurer of the Southport RSL Sub Branch. Boese is another member of the Southport RSL Sub Branch Executive Committee who was also exposed by ANZMI as a medal cheat. Further information that has come forward indicates that the members of the Sub Branch have elected him into the position of Vice President!

When will it stop?

In just over two years three members of the Southport RSL Sub Branch Executive Committee have been exposed as medal cheats and liars. They have damaged the good name of the RSL and have flouted the traditions of ANZAC Veterans and have also chosen to disregard the Honours and Traditions of the Australian and (in the case of Boese) New Zealand Defence Forces.

The only way to stop this from occurring is to ensure ALL current and potential committee members are subject to a comprehensive check of their service records. Those who have nothing to hide can take pride in what you have been elected to do. Others who are identified as liars or cheats should be outed immediately.

Finally, here is the latest photo taken of Pollard, Tull and Boese…..

Surname: Ponting
Christian Names: William Edward
Country: Australia
State or Province: Victoria
City or Town: Heathmont
Case Notes:

In the leafy suburbs of outer eastern Melbourne is the suburb of Heathmont.  Nestled in a quiet court resides a man who on ANZAC Days and other Veteran anniversaries steps out the front door wearing the following medals and accoutrements:

Military Cross

Mentioned  in Dispatches (2)

USA Purple Heart

1939/1945 Star

Africa Star

Defence Medal

1939/1945 War Medal

Cadet Forces Medal

Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Medal 1953

Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Medal

Royal Horse Artillery Badge

Long Range Desert Group Badge

and as can be seen by his photograph, two awards which resemble knighthoods of the realm. medals here

 A request for assistance with British Naval and Military Researchshows that an extensive check was completed to verify the bona fides of Capt PONTING MC and it was verified that he served in the Royal Artillery from 1946 to 1948.  The only overseas service recorded shows he served in Palestine in the rank of Lance Bombardier - and for such service was awarded the British General Service Medal (GSM) with clasp Palestine.  This man has been issued with one official medal only.  Why is it then he wears a Military Cross which can only be awarded to a Commissioned Officer??

 Step back in time to ANZAC Day 1982, when "Tony" was charged at the City Watch House Melbourne for wearing medals he had no entitlement to, and impersonating a returned serviceman.  Appearing in court on 27 January 1983 Tony was found guilty of the the first charge and fined $100.

 Step forward to ANZAC Day this year (2003) and two reliable witnesses attest to the fact PONTING attended the dawn service at the Shrine of Remembrance and the "Gunfire Breakfast" which follows at Victoria Barracks, fully resplendent in his Military Cross and full rack of medals and assorted scrap metal.  A current financial member of the Healeseville (Vic) RSL, Tony has also been seen in the immediate past wearing a chest full of medals at their commemorative services - and yes - he still wears his Military Cross.

 PONTING was sent correspondence from CPMH and given the opportunity to explain his actions - a deadline was given and of course no answer was forthcoming. Naturally if one can lie about ones service then one can also lie about receiving mail.  Proof of the letter is here   A physical letter drop was also conducted to his home by CPMH members and still no reaction was received.  Telephoned by a Victorian CPMH rep PONTING denied he had  received any mail and defended his right to wear  the bogus medals he portrays,stating: "Every medal I wear I earned"!

 Tony - this is your life - having already been found guilty of wearing medals of no entitlement back in1983 - guess what??  No more $100 fines.....have a long read of the new penalties for pretenders and stealers of real Veterans feats.

You are a disgrace to the Veteran title, whatever happens to you in the near future, you more than deserve.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from the private citizens are supported by statement of fact and statutory declarations.

Surname: Power
Christian Names: Gregory George
Country: Australia
State or Province: Not Known
City or Town: Not Known
Service #: 2788008
Service: Army
Branch: RAsigs
Commencement of service: Oct 1967
Completion of service: Oct 1969
Case Notes:

Along with thousands of his peers, Gregory George Power served 2 years in the Australian Army as a National Serviceman from 1967 to 1969. He obviously carried out his duties in a diligent manner and as such, was promoted to Lance Corporal during his period of service. So it is a shame to see that Power, like many of his contemporaries, has chosen to add some lustre to his medal entitlement.

Power arrived in South Vietnam on 1 April 1969 and served as a “Signalman” with 104 Signal Squadron. We know nothing of his service in SVN, so we can assume that he did his job as best he could before returning to Australia on 1 September 1969; a total of 170 days. Gregory Power is not recorded on the list of Vietnam casualties. Therefore we assume he came home early for either a non-battle illness or injury, or to commence discharge procedures prior to his completion of 2 years national service on 3 October 1969.

In any event he is not entitled to wear the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal which is clearly displayed in the photo above. The eligibility criteria for awarding the medal is 181 days, either continuous or aggregated service. One of the exemptions to this is that the recipient was wounded in action i.e. classified as a battle casualty and evacuated as a result of those wounds.

The photograph also indicates that Power is wearing the Army Combat Badge (ACB). He may innocently believe that he is entitled to wear the badge but it seems he may have jumped the gun. The 104 Signal Squadron Association's webpage has posted the following advice:

"Update from Army (Oct 2014): Ongoing! Looks like the submission has opened a can of worms! Army Ceremonial have advised that as previous instructions on the ACB, were not fully investigated, they will shortly have Military history investigators, investigated on the ACB situation for Corps/Units etc which has not been done in the past, in particular, for all 1ATF units.
Update (April 2015): On going!
Note (Editor): All applications from 103 and 104 Sig Sqn veterans are currently on hold until we get a determination on this matter!
"

Power wears the Vietnam Campaign Medal and the the Army Combat Badge. As he has not been officially awarded either of them, he has purchased them at a Medal Shop or on the Internet. He should desist in wearing both of them."

Surname: Prangnell
Christian Names: Brian Charles
Country: Australia
State or Province: western Australia
City or Town: Quinns Rocks
Case Notes:

As written on the notice in the photo of Prangnell, he gives advice about medals for the Quinns Rocks, Returned and Services League (RSL) Sub Branch of Western Australia.  Brian Prangnell has been awarded the prestigious Order of Australia Medal (OAM) for services to Church, Youth, Sporting and services organizations. Together with his OAM he has two legitimate Defence Service Medals, unfortunately he likes to adorn himself with all manner of other trinkets and badges including a self purchased “Tin” Commemorative Golden Jubilee Medal.

Prangnell was a 1950s National Serviceman who completed three months recruit training between January and April in 1958 and then continued in the Citizens Military Forces, which entitles him to wear the Australian Defence Medal and the Australian National Service Commemorative Medal together with his OAM.  To boost his rack of medals Prangnell has awarded himself the fake, self purchased, “Tin” Commemorative Golden Jubilee Medal

Below is the genuine Golden Jubilee Medal that has never been awarded to Prangnell.

We suggest to Bruce Rock RSL that having Prangnell as a “Medals Adviser” is rather ironic and tends to portray that RSL as a place devoid of integrity.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from the private citizens are supported by statement of fact and statutory declarations.

Surname: Presgrave
Christian Names: Barry
Country: Australia
State or Province: SA
City or Town: Adelaide
Service: South Australia National Service Association
Case Notes:

Barry Presgrave - Vice President of the South Australian National Servicemen’s Association.

The South Australian National Servicemen’s Association (SA NSMA) policy about Honours and Awards is a national disgrace. They completely ignore protocol from the Honours and Awards section of the Prime Ministers Department, the Returned Services Leagu, their own National Headquarters and the Veteran Community.  When a bus load of South Australian National Servicemen debussed in Canberra on a commemorative occasion, derision and embarrassment prevailed. One of those debussing was John Piet as shown in the photo below.

Piet was the original target of this exposure and even though he is less than adroit for wearing four tin medals along with his two genuine medals, we believe Presgrave is the real villain behind the problems in South Australia.

Piet and many other members of the SA NSMA have been gulled by Barry Presgrave the Vice President of the SA NSMA.  He has for years espoused the wearing of fake and tin medals.  He did this because he owned a medals shop in Adelaide. As it has now changed hands we will not name the shop and we know that they no longer encourage the wearing of “Tin” medals on official racks.

Presgrave has also featured in another high profile wannabe case where he is pictured with the disgraced Jeffery J Crase, a self styled bemedaled “Lieutenant Colonel” of the Legion of  Frontiersmen’s organisation.  In the photo below you will see Presgrave being a pretend bemedaled Lieutenant Colonel who at that stage was promoting the sale of ”Tin” medals to Frontiersmen as well as National Servicemen.

There is no doubt about the National Servicemen’s Association’s medals policy and protocol. Here are instructions from their web site.

It seems that South Australian National Servicemen have a need to “Peacock” themselves up with fake medals and it has only taken the spruiking of one man, a Vice President of the Association with a pecuniary interest in medals, to gull the gullible, and make South Australian National Servicemen the laughing stock of Australia and the world.

When a member of ANZMI phoned an executive of the SA NSMA he was forcefully told that their organisation would not be told what medals their members could wear and if they chose to wear self purchased commemorative medals that was the individuals business.

We assert that the SA NSMA is a disgrace and decent National Servicemen from all parts of Australia should distance themselves from the idiocy espoused by Barry Presgrave, the executive and some of the members regarding the wearing of medals.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from private citizens are supported by statements of fact and statutory declarations.

Presgrave Update 16 Jul 15

Presgrave still thumbs his nose at protocol and tradition by adding all manner of unauthorised medals to his rack.  Presgrave served as a 1950s National Serviceman and then as an Army Reservist to many years. Despite his heavy rack of ten medals he has never served outside of Australia.

The medals correctly worn on his right breast are believed to have been awarded to his brother.

On his left breast only three of the medals relate to his Military Service, these are:

Medal number two  -  Reserve Forces Medal for Long Service in Army Reserves

Medal number four  - Army Defence Medal for completion of his enlistment period

Medal number six  - Commemoration of National Serve Medal for National Service

Two others are genuine Federal medals presented for service other than military, these are:

Medal number one  - Order of Australia Medal for service to community

Medal number three  - National Medal for service to community

The  remaining four are unauthorised medals that must not be mixed with genuine medals,  if they are to be worn at all, should be worn underneath his relatives medals on his right breast.

The National Servicemen's Association of South Australia must have very low standards to allow Presgrave to flaunt his tainted rack of medals.

During his years of Reserve Service he had plenty of opportunity to have been deployed to War Zones and earn Campaign medals, however he stayed at home and received civil awards and then added some unauthorised metal to enhance his image.

Presgrave is an embarrassment and a disgrace to the Veteran and Ex Service Communities of Australia and New Zealand.

Surname: Price
Christian Names: Alan Raymond
Country: Australia
State or Province: Unknown
City or Town: Unknown
Case Notes:

Alan Raymond Price – 4th Battalion Royal Australian Regiment, VCM Cheat

Alan Price has been an executive of an Ex Service Organisation (ESO) and has done a lot of good work for many years, however he chose to dress up his medals rack with a medal he was not entitled to wear and therefore is a medals cheat.

In the above photograph Price is wearing a Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal (VCM). To qualify for this medal required serving in Vietnam for One Hundred and Eighty One days, alternatively any person killed or wounded in action at any time would qualify Price was medically evacuated from Vietnam as a non battle casualty, after serving from 21st May 1968 to 3rd September 1968 a total of One Hundred and Five Days.

All soldiers who served in Vietnam know the rules about the VCM. The excuse Price has used to explain his behavior is that someone told him it was OK.Price provided more than a page of reasons for wearing the medal; His communication contained the following paragraph:

“Therefore please accept that yes I did wear the VCM on and off for some thirty years, often with the approval of my unit 4 RAR, and other units but I had taken it down forever in approx 2009.I have not worn it since and I have no intention of wearing it”.

"It is obvious that Price was never officially awarded the VCM and that he purchased it."

We proceed without fear or favour, and are beholden to no Ex Service Organization, Government bureaucracy, or political dogma, simply put, if you wear medals you are not entitled to wear and it is brought to our attention you will feature on our web site in the same way as Alan Raymond Price and dozens of others.