Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'P'

Surname: Polglaise
Christian Names: Wayne David
Country: Australia
State or Province: Victoria
City or Town: Bendigo
Service #: 3206970
Service: Australian Army
Branch: Reserve and Cadets
Commencement of service: 1988,1997,2001
Completion of service: 1998,2000, 2006
Case Notes:

ANZAC Day 2014 in rural Bendigo, Victoria, a leather clad biker look alike mixed it up with genuine veterans. The photos, taken at the Bendigo RSL, attest to him bedecked with medals depicting operational/active service. He also wears the coveted Infantry Combat Badge, the AIRN (Operational Readiness) badge, the Returned From Active Service Badge and what looks like an American service medal as well as other trinkets of interest.

The photo taken from his rear clearly shows the back patches which indicate he is an Australian Army veteran of the Iraq and Timor conflicts.

Those he spoke to on the 25th of April, heard POLGLAISE extol his Army history with tales of being posted to the Special Forces Training Centre (SFTC) for one year and becoming their Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Close Quarter Battle (CQB) (Hand to hand Fighting). He also claimed he went on to work in the "Dojo" at 2 Commando Regiment, trained Special Air Service Regiment (SASR) soldiers in CQB and unarmed combat prior to their deployment to Iraq in 1999. He claims this was all before he was deployed himself to Iraq in Close Personal Protection duties as both a soldier and civilian.

POLGLAISE then proceeded to hand out business cards of his "Kombative Concepts Method" where boldly printed appears his title of "KCM Director and Founder - Commander Wayne POLGLAISE.

His qualifications make Chuck NORRIS look like a novice!! This "veteran" sure has the stuff of heroes. On his business card he has even taken the liberty of plagiarising the badge of the US Special Forces Rangers and then added his company logo title to the badge. This is something we feel that the Rangers will be contacting "Commander" POLGLAISE about in the very near future.

Concerned veterans from Bendigo gathered and after a wonderful bout of investigations and interviews with local Army Reserve Units in the area, determined the following genuine service of POLGLAISE:

Enlisted to the Army Reserve June 1988 in the Royal Australian Corps of Transport (RACT) posted to 15 Transport Squadron Bendigo.
Discharged April 1989 - no qualifications.

Enlisted July 1997 - Army Reserve - Allocated to Royal Australian Infantry Corps (RA Inf) posted to 8/7 Royal Victorian Regiment, Bendigo.
Qualifications: Recruit Training - No other qualifications.
Discharged April 2000 - Operational (War) Service Nil, Honours and Awards Nil.

In November 2001 POLGLAISE was enlisted as an Australian Army Officer of Cadets, with the rank of Second Lieutenant Instructor at the Simpson Barracks, McLeod Victoria. He resigned in 2006.

POLGLAISE was a part-time soldier for two periods of service totalling some three years and seven months with no war service and absolutely no participation in Special Forces. He was then instructing school cadets for five years.

How is it he illegally wears combat medals and the like?

ANZMI emailed POLGLAISE giving him the opportunity to explain himself see below:

From: Sub Branch <subbranch@southportrsl.com.au>
Date: 17 June 2015 at 10:57
Subject: ANZMI - Medals Lawrie POLLARD
To: XXXX <
XXXXXXXXXX>

Dear XXXX,

What you want to write about my medal is entirely up you, however I have been advised to send you the attached relevant section of the ASIO Act.

Should your Web Site contain any reference to my ASIO Service, then I will immediately file charges with the Australian Federal Police who as you know have the power to go behind your Gmail address.

If you are an Australian Citizen as you purport, and as you have been supplied with proof of my ASIO Service your actions would be indefensible.

I suggest you do more research on me and do not write me off as a nutter

Regards

Lawrie Pollard

We here at ANZMI conduct investigations without fear or favour. We are extremely thorough in our research and we ensure all of the information we collect during an investigation does not breach any state or federal laws. If Pollard decides to take legal action against ANZMI for publishing his name, it will be at his own expense and without the support of ASIO. The emails he has sent to ANZMI appear to be just a rant by some irrational and deluded ‘nutter’ who should be ‘written off’.

There’s also an “ASIO” trinket on the rack of medals on Pollard’s right breast, with the exception that this medal is bright and shiny! Pollard appears to be indicating he had/has a relative who was also an employee of ASIO.

Also, the beret Pollard is wearing in the first photograph is sporting an RAInf hat badge. On 15th August 1966 Pollard enlisted in the CMF and was posted to 1 Base Vehicle Workshop in Brisbane. It’s unlikely that Pollard was employed as an Infantry soldier in a vehicle workshop, so why is he wearing an Infantry Corps badge on his beret?

Pollard’s enlistment in the CMF in 1966 was soon after Australia committed troops to fight in Vietnam. It’s unknown what Corps Pollard was allocated to serve under upon completion of his basic training, but it would be safe to assume he was not RAInf as he would like you to believe.  Back then it was common for people to enlist in the CMF in order to avoid being conscripted and sent to the war in Vietnam, therefore ensuring they were never called up to complete a compulsory two year enlistment as a National Serviceman. Did Pollard enlist in the CMF to avoid his National Service obligation should his date of birth be selected? Only Pollard knows the answer to that question. On 20 June 1972 Pollard discharged from the CMF at his own request, which was (coincidentally) during the time Australian forces were being withdrawn from Vietnam.

And finally; Pollard recently sent a letter to Mr Terry Meehan, the (former) President, QLD State RSL:

“Mr Terry Meehan

Qld State President

RSL

Dear Terry,

1.     Several weeks ago Ian Ruxton, Deputy President of the Southport Sub Branch, acting on a Sub Branch Board request, asked you to provide a copy of the “Memorandum of Understanding”” signed between you as the Qld State President and the then CEO of QLD in relation to the use/operation of the Mates4Mates yacht. Mr Ruxton followed up this request with an SMS to you repeating this communication.

2.     As of this date we have not received any reply from you or even an acknowledgement of the email. We do not accept that this document could in any way be regarded as Confidential and we re- state our request for this document.

3.     We are also very concerned by a unofficial report we have received concerning  recent meetings of the Qld State  Board. The allegation which has been reported to us is that by a majority  the Board expressed a vote  of “No Confidence” in you as President on two separate occasions. As this matter is of direct interest to all Qld Sub Branch members particularly in the lead up to the AGM would you please as a matter of urgency advise:

(a) Is this allegation correct

(b) If so what action do you propose to take as a result

(c) I(c) If the allegation is correct what information do you propose to provide members in relation to your seeking re-election as President if  your fellow Board members have expressed no confidence in you.

4.     As concerned members of the RSL we ask that you treat this communication seriously and not ignore our right to information of relevance and importance.

Yours sincerely

Lawrie Pollard

President

Southport R&SL Sub Branch

Pollard is questioning Terry Meehan’s integrity regarding a recent event that occurred at the QLD RSL State HQ. Pollard has no right whatsoever to question another person’s integrity, particularly when he has none himself.

Pollard is a disgrace. He has conned his way into the President’s position within the Southport RSL Sub Branch, a position which demands the utmost of integrity, honesty and leadership. He has acted in an official capacity, both as the Vice President and President of the Southport RSL Sub Branch, which can only be regarded as inappropriate and an act of deliberate deception. He has attached a piece of tin to his authorised military medals when he should have been content with the ones he already has. Pollard has tried to lie, cheat and threaten his way out of being exposed, yet all he’s successfully done is bring discredit upon himself, his family and the Southport RSL Sub Branch. This poor excuse of an ex-serviceman needs to be outed as soon as possible before he does more damage to the reputation of the Southport RSL Sub Branch, it’s Executive and it’s members. What’s most disturbing is Pollard has belittled the good name of a relative by sticking a piece of tin onto their rack as well.

Here is a current photo of Mr Pollard (minus the ‘ASIO Medal’)….

Welcome to our website Mr Lawrence Vincent Pollard. This is where you’ll remain for the world to see for the rest of eternity.

Lawrence Pollard

and

Southport RSL Sub Branch

UPDATE

It seems not all is well in the Southport RSL Sub Branch. After ANZMI’s comprehensive investigation into Mr Pollard’s lies regarding his fake ASIO medal and transgressions between he and other ranking members of the QLD RSL, he has taken it upon himself to resign from his position as the President of the Southport RSL Sub Branch and from the RSL. Pollard chose the easy option and bolted rather than face the disciplinary action that RSL QLD was going to impose upon him for his less-than-honourable service.

While ANZMI’s investigations have identified Pollard as the miscreant that he is, in the past we’ve also had the opportunity to expose other members of the Southport RSL Sub Branch Executive Committee. These other cheats are Tull and Boese:

TULL

After ANZMI’s exposure of Tull he resigned from his role as Honorary Secretary after only 12 months in the job.  Tull is a medal cheat who was caught out and fell on his sword and resigned from the position of Secretary of the Southport RSL Sub Branch.

BOESE

In 2013 Boese was Treasurer of the Southport RSL Sub Branch. Boese is another member of the Southport RSL Sub Branch Executive Committee who was also exposed by ANZMI as a medal cheat. Further information that has come forward indicates that the members of the Sub Branch have elected him into the position of Vice President!

When will it stop?

In just over two years three members of the Southport RSL Sub Branch Executive Committee have been exposed as medal cheats and liars. They have damaged the good name of the RSL and have flouted the traditions of ANZAC Veterans and have also chosen to disregard the Honours and Traditions of the Australian and (in the case of Boese) New Zealand Defence Forces.

The only way to stop this from occurring is to ensure ALL current and potential committee members are subject to a comprehensive check of their service records. Those who have nothing to hide can take pride in what you have been elected to do. Others who are identified as liars or cheats should be outed immediately.

Finally, here is the latest photo taken of Pollard, Tull and Boese…..

Surname: Ponting
Christian Names: William Edward
Country: Australia
State or Province: Victoria
City or Town: Heathmont
Case Notes:

In the leafy suburbs of outer eastern Melbourne is the suburb of Heathmont.  Nestled in a quiet court resides a man who on ANZAC Days and other Veteran anniversaries steps out the front door wearing the following medals and accoutrements:

Military Cross

Mentioned  in Dispatches (2)

USA Purple Heart

1939/1945 Star

Africa Star

Defence Medal

1939/1945 War Medal

Cadet Forces Medal

Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Medal 1953

Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Medal

Royal Horse Artillery Badge

Long Range Desert Group Badge

and as can be seen by his photograph, two awards which resemble knighthoods of the realm. medals here

 A request for assistance with British Naval and Military Researchshows that an extensive check was completed to verify the bona fides of Capt PONTING MC and it was verified that he served in the Royal Artillery from 1946 to 1948.  The only overseas service recorded shows he served in Palestine in the rank of Lance Bombardier - and for such service was awarded the British General Service Medal (GSM) with clasp Palestine.  This man has been issued with one official medal only.  Why is it then he wears a Military Cross which can only be awarded to a Commissioned Officer??

 Step back in time to ANZAC Day 1982, when "Tony" was charged at the City Watch House Melbourne for wearing medals he had no entitlement to, and impersonating a returned serviceman.  Appearing in court on 27 January 1983 Tony was found guilty of the the first charge and fined $100.

 Step forward to ANZAC Day this year (2003) and two reliable witnesses attest to the fact PONTING attended the dawn service at the Shrine of Remembrance and the "Gunfire Breakfast" which follows at Victoria Barracks, fully resplendent in his Military Cross and full rack of medals and assorted scrap metal.  A current financial member of the Healeseville (Vic) RSL, Tony has also been seen in the immediate past wearing a chest full of medals at their commemorative services - and yes - he still wears his Military Cross.

 PONTING was sent correspondence from CPMH and given the opportunity to explain his actions - a deadline was given and of course no answer was forthcoming. Naturally if one can lie about ones service then one can also lie about receiving mail.  Proof of the letter is here   A physical letter drop was also conducted to his home by CPMH members and still no reaction was received.  Telephoned by a Victorian CPMH rep PONTING denied he had  received any mail and defended his right to wear  the bogus medals he portrays,stating: "Every medal I wear I earned"!

 Tony - this is your life - having already been found guilty of wearing medals of no entitlement back in1983 - guess what??  No more $100 fines.....have a long read of the new penalties for pretenders and stealers of real Veterans feats.

You are a disgrace to the Veteran title, whatever happens to you in the near future, you more than deserve.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from the private citizens are supported by statement of fact and statutory declarations.

Surname: Pool
Christian Names: Peter James
Country: Australia
State or Province: New south Wales
City or Town: Bundeena
Service #: 2244138
Service: (ARes) Australian Army Reserve
Branch: Infantry
Commencement of service: 23 July 1966
Completion of service: Unknown
Case Notes:

Peter James Pool was born on the 15 December, 1947. He enlisted in 1 Commando Company in the part time Australian Army Reserves (Ares) on the 23 July, 1966. Records indicate that he was with 1 Commando Company until 23 December, 1968. He later transferred over to full time Reserves, Australia Regular Army. (ARA)

Pool1jpg

As a Private soldier, Peter James Pool was subsequently posted to the Australian Army ship, the “John Monash”. The John Monash was a 1400 ton Cargo ship. Photograph below -;

Pool1Ajpgjohnmonash

Service history

John Monash was built for the Associated Steamships Co. and was completed in 1955. She was purchased by the Australian Army in 1965 to provide a means of transporting cargo which was unsuitable for the Army's four Landing Ship Medium and was assigned to the 32nd Small Ship Squadron, Royal Australian Engineers. She was also used as a training ship and to supply Army units deployed in South Vietnam. In the later role she completed eleven voyages to South Vietnam between 1965 and 1972.The ship was sold in 1975 to a foreign company
]

Source Wikepedia.

Between the 25 October, 1969 and the 7 December, 1969, John Monash sailed from Australia to South Vietnam with vital cargo for the Australian war effort. According to the Vietnam Nominal Roll, Peter Pool was a member of the crew. The ship returned to Australia on the 7 December, 1969, 44 days later..

In the recent photograph above, Peter James Pool is wearing the following medals.
1. Australian Active Service medal. Entitled.
2. Vietnam Medal. (28 days or more Vietnam waters) Entitled.
3. Australian Defence Medal. Entitled.
4. Anniversary of National Service Medal. Purchased. Not entitled.
5. Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal. RVCM (181 days in Vietnam) Purchased. Not entitled.

Usually, the ship on arrival in South Vietnam, unloaded stores within a day or two, and then returned directly to Australia. It was called the “Shuttle Run” by those associated with her.

Operational service for all crew members on these voyages is calculated from the time the ship departed the last Australian port, until it returned to the next Australian port.

In the case of Peter Pool, 44 days.

Below is a copy of his Vietnam War Service from the Vietnam Nominal Roll -;

Vietnam War Service

Veteran Details

Name POOL, Peter James
Service Australian Army
Service Number 2244138
Date of Birth 15 Dec 1947
Place of Birth SYDNEY NSW AUSTRALIA
Rank Private
National Service No
Corps Royal Australian Infantry Corps
Honours None for display
Unit History
Unit Name Start Date End Date
32 Small Ship Squadron (AS 3051 John Monash) 25 Oct 1969 07 Dec 1969 44 DAYS

Peter Pool is not entitled to wear the following medals. He has not been officially awarded them. He has purchased them, paid to have them court mounted, and added them to his genuine 3 medals illegally.

1. Anniversary of National Service Medal.

PoolPeter2jpg

The Anniversary of National Service 1951–1972 Medal is a commemorative medal awarded to Australians for their service in post-war national service schemes. Wikipedia.

Pool was not an Australian National Serviceman.

2. Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal.

PoolPeter3jpg

The Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal was awarded to Australian military personnel for service in South Vietnam during the period 31 July 1962 to 28 March 1973. The requirements for the award are: at least 181 days service, either continuous or aggregated, unless killed on active service (KIA); or wounded in action (includes psychological injury) and evacuated (medically evacuated other than being wounded does not meet requirement for medal); or captured and later released or escaped. Wikipedia.

Pool did not service in the qualifying area for the required 181 days.

ANZMI sent Peter Pool an email to his current email address, and invited him to respond to the fact that he wears the two un-awarded military medals.

He failed to respond.

Peter James Pool is a Medal cheat and an imposter. He has no right to wear them.

Pool is a Director and owner of Australian Specialised Defence Equipment (ASDE), Sydney. This Company has provided equipment, under contract, to the Australian Defence Force. Pool should have more sense than to wear medals that he has not earned.

He should remove the un-awarded medals immediately, and apologise to the President, Committee, and all his fellow members at the Bundeena RSL Sub Branch in Sydney, for his lack of respect for the Australian Honours System and Defence Force protocols..

Surname: Power
Christian Names: Gregory George
Country: Australia
State or Province: Not Known
City or Town: Not Known
Service #: 2788008
Service: Army
Branch: RAsigs
Commencement of service: Oct 1967
Completion of service: Oct 1969
Case Notes:

Along with thousands of his peers, Gregory George Power served 2 years in the Australian Army as a National Serviceman from 1967 to 1969. He obviously carried out his duties in a diligent manner and as such, was promoted to Lance Corporal during his period of service. So it is a shame to see that Power, like many of his contemporaries, has chosen to add some lustre to his medal entitlement.

Power arrived in South Vietnam on 1 April 1969 and served as a “Signalman” with 104 Signal Squadron. We know nothing of his service in SVN, so we can assume that he did his job as best he could before returning to Australia on 1 September 1969; a total of 170 days. Gregory Power is not recorded on the list of Vietnam casualties. Therefore we assume he came home early for either a non-battle illness or injury, or to commence discharge procedures prior to his completion of 2 years national service on 3 October 1969.

In any event he is not entitled to wear the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal which is clearly displayed in the photo above. The eligibility criteria for awarding the medal is 181 days, either continuous or aggregated service. One of the exemptions to this is that the recipient was wounded in action i.e. classified as a battle casualty and evacuated as a result of those wounds.

The photograph also indicates that Power is wearing the Army Combat Badge (ACB). He may innocently believe that he is entitled to wear the badge but it seems he may have jumped the gun. The 104 Signal Squadron Association's webpage has posted the following advice:

"Update from Army (Oct 2014): Ongoing! Looks like the submission has opened a can of worms! Army Ceremonial have advised that as previous instructions on the ACB, were not fully investigated, they will shortly have Military history investigators, investigated on the ACB situation for Corps/Units etc which has not been done in the past, in particular, for all 1ATF units.
Update (April 2015): On going!
Note (Editor): All applications from 103 and 104 Sig Sqn veterans are currently on hold until we get a determination on this matter!
"

Power wears the Vietnam Campaign Medal and the the Army Combat Badge. As he has not been officially awarded either of them, he has purchased them at a Medal Shop or on the Internet. He should desist in wearing both of them."

Surname: Prangnell
Christian Names: Brian Charles
Country: Australia
State or Province: western Australia
City or Town: Quinns Rocks
Case Notes:

As written on the notice in the photo of Prangnell, he gives advice about medals for the Quinns Rocks, Returned and Services League (RSL) Sub Branch of Western Australia.  Brian Prangnell has been awarded the prestigious Order of Australia Medal (OAM) for services to Church, Youth, Sporting and services organizations. Together with his OAM he has two legitimate Defence Service Medals, unfortunately he likes to adorn himself with all manner of other trinkets and badges including a self purchased “Tin” Commemorative Golden Jubilee Medal.

Prangnell was a 1950s National Serviceman who completed three months recruit training between January and April in 1958 and then continued in the Citizens Military Forces, which entitles him to wear the Australian Defence Medal and the Australian National Service Commemorative Medal together with his OAM.  To boost his rack of medals Prangnell has awarded himself the fake, self purchased, “Tin” Commemorative Golden Jubilee Medal

Below is the genuine Golden Jubilee Medal that has never been awarded to Prangnell.

We suggest to Bruce Rock RSL that having Prangnell as a “Medals Adviser” is rather ironic and tends to portray that RSL as a place devoid of integrity.