Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'P'

Surname: Peters
Christian Names: Gary Philip
Country: Australia Ex NZ
State or Province: Queensland
City or Town: Townsville
Service #: 187407
Service: Australian Army
Branch: RACT
Commencement of service: 1991
Completion of service: 1995
Case Notes:

Gary Philip Peters found fame in the service of the family of the now deposed Libyan despot Colonel Muammar Gaddafi where he was employed as part of the Families security force.

Following the demise of Gaddafi's strangle hold on Libya, Peters fled the country, and the story of his escape has had international media attention. As the dust settled on his adventures, Peters returned to Townsville Queensland, and joined in the conviviality of an ex Services Bikers Association.

At the Bikers club, as shown in the photograph, Peters portrayed himself as a returned veteran by wearing the following medals and badges:

Conspicuous Service Medal (CSM)
Australian Active Service Medal (AASM)
Afghanistan Medal
Iraq Medal
Defence Force Service Medal (DFSM)
Australian Defence Medal (ADM)
Infantry Combat Badge (ICB)
Special Air Service (SAS) winged dagger.

Peters has no entitlement to wear any of the above medals except perhaps the Australian Defence Medal. His Australian Military Service was as a Private Soldier Driver in the Royal Australian Corps of Transport from 1991 to 1995. He served only in Australia.

We hold Statutory Declarations detailing that Peters has said that:

"He had done over 3000 free fall jumps and the large Winged Excalibur tattoo on his forearm he got in the Regt to honor (sic) of the guys who died in the Blackhawk training accident of 91".

We were able to communicate with Peters and when he realised that he was well and truly caught he sent us a series of emails detailing his service:

From Gary Peters 16 Dec 2013

"Hi xxx,

I'll help anyway I can I suppose for my military history, you mean when I served here in Australia or post military experience in Libya, Tunisia and Algieria etc? My service in Australia Im not to keen on discussing that as there is still alot going on with the ICC and the United Nations organisations.

Regards"

From Gary Peters 19 April 2014

"From: Gary Peters <canaust@hotmail.com>
Date: 19 April 2014 17:43
Subject: Re: Military History
To: xxxxxxxx

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Just for your information and for the records, my service # is as follows. 187407. Hopefully this will show that I have served in the RAA but as these records will show I did no overseas duties with the RAA, all my Combat experience was post Army service with private organisations in the US. Hopefully this will assist you. Sorry yes tpt corp and I meant the Royal Australian Army (RAA) sorry for the confusion. Units served in was 5 transport troop and then 85 Tpt in Moorebank Sydney"

"Dear Mr Hobson,

I have served in the Australian Military from 91 to 94 in the tot (sic) corp. I have heard also that have stated that I served with the SASR, this is incorrect, but I did attempt the Cadre course in 93 I think it was but was not successful.

Regards

GP"

"Hi Bill,

Sorry yes tpt corp and I meant the Royal Australian Army (RAA) sorry for the confusion. Units served in was 5 transport troop and then 85 Tpt in Moorebank Sydney".

By detailing his service, it is obvious that he has not earned any of the medals he is wearing. One of the medals is a Conspicuous Service Medal which is a prestigious award for meritorious achievement or devotion to duty in non-war like situations. Peters has obviously purchased that medal and all the others he wears, and awarded them to himself. For that action he has committed offences against the Defence Act 1903, Part VII Sections:

80A. Falsely representing to be returned Soldier
80B. Improper use of service decorations

These two offences carry maximum fines of $3,300 or six months imprisonment or both.

Peters had his fifteen minutes of fame from international media by working for the infamous Gaddafi family. Obviously he needed a bit more fame and wore medals and insignia that he has not earned, and therefore we name him as a scurrilous liar cheat and wannabe and give him a lifetime of infamy on this web site.

Surname: Petersen
Christian Names: Christopher Ross
Country: Australia
State or Province: NSW
City or Town: Central Coast
Service #: 8078316
Service: RAN
Branch: Naval Police/Coxswain/ Para Legal Branch
Commencement of service: 82-05, 05-12 Reserve
Completion of service: 27 Feb 12
Case Notes:

Peter, Paul and Mary recorded a hit song in the sixties which included the lyrics, “When will they ever learn!”.

Again we have a senior former Royal Australian Navy Petty Officer reported to Anzmi for blatantly wearing operational medals in uniform that he has not been awarded.

We can confidently state that Petersen has had little sea time in his Naval career but is flush with medals that he wears regularly. It is a sad state of affairs when former Naval Police and Para Legal Branch personnel completely disregard strict protocols as directed by Australian Government Honours and Awards.

The Royal Australian Navy hierarchy must be getting fed up with these imposters bringing the service into disrepute.

Below is a photograph of former Petty Officer Christopher Ross Petersen.

Petersen is a fraud and a medals cheat. He has to be up there with the worst of the miscreants that have been placed up on Anzmi.

In the photograph above, Petersen is wearing the following medals -;

1. Australian Active Service Medal with clasp. (AASM)
2. INTERFET Medal.
3. Afghanistan Medal.
4. Australian Service Medal with Clasp. (ASM)
5. Defence Force Service Medal with 2 clasps. (DFSM)
6. Australian Defence Medal. (ADM)

Petersen has been awarded and is entitled to wear the -;

1. DFSM with clasps for his long service.
2. ADM.

He is not entitled to wear the -;

1. AASM with clasp.
2. INTERFET Medal.
3. Afghanistan Medal
4. ASM with clasp.

The INTERFET Medal was issued to Australian servicemen and women who served in East Timor between the 16 September, 1999 and the 10 April, 2000 and had 30 days qualifying service. Petersen had no service in the prescribed area during that time. He was in Queensland.

Petersen also has no qualifying service for the award of the Afghanistan Medal.

Suffice to say, that he has no entitlements to the AASM for active service in a prescribed area anywhere, or the ASM for 30 days service in a prescribed peacekeeping or non war like area. E.g. East Timor.

Petersen is also wearing the Royal Australian Navy "Individual Readiness Notification" (IRN) badge on his right side. He has no right to wear this badge on his uniform as it indicates that he is a qualified "sea ready sailor" to an operational area. (Similar to the Army AIRN badge) He had been medically downgraded for many years prior to this photograph being taken and he is just further embellishing his non existant operational service.

Petersen enlisted in the RAN in January, 1982. He was allotted to the Supply Branch as a Steward. He remained a Steward for about 8 years and then transferred over to the Seaman Naval Police portfolio. He carried out the duties of Naval Police/Coxswain and subsequently attained the rank of Petty Officer. He was discharged in 2005 as “unfit for service”. He had very little sea time in his 23 years RAN service and had no operational/active service in that time.

He then transferred to the RAN Reserves and carried out the duties of a Para Legal Petty Officer. He served in the Reserves until 2012 where he again discharged as “unfit for service.” Again, he had no operational/active service in this period.

We would assume that on the way up the promotion ladder, Petersen would have had to attend several mandatory courses on “Ethics and Fraud awareness.” He obviously passed the courses but failed the true test in the end. His integrity and credibility is nil. He is a disgrace to the Naval Police/Coxswain positions that he held and the subsequent Para Legal Office he was appointed to.

Genuine returned serving and retired Australian Naval personnel are as offended as we are at the amount of former and currently serving Navy imposters wearing medals that they have not earned. They just snub their noses at protocols and disrespect their genuine returned colleagues. There are more to come.

Perhaps it is time that Naval officialdom took a stance and made examples of these morons who steal the honour of every returned serviceman and woman in the Australian Military Forces.

Petersen will grace our site as an imposter for ever more and will be a shining example for all our younger sailors of what not to be.

Surname: Peterson aka Piatkws
Christian Names: Christian Rudolph aka Rudolph
Country: Australia
State or Province: Queensland
City or Town: Gold Coast
Service #: 3790478
Service: Australian Army
Branch: Royal Australian Artillery
Commencement of service: 01 Feb 67, 20 Jan 70
Completion of service: 31 Jan 69, 10 Dec 82
Case Notes:

An important attribute of an Australian Commissioned Army Officer, is that they are honourable and honest. Christian Peterson lacks these qualities as he falsely claims to be a returned veteran who served in the Vietnam War. He has also dishonestly promoted himself from Army Reserve Temporary Captain to Major.

Peterson served as a National Serviceman during the Vietnam era but was never deployed on any overseas service. He completed his National Service obligation with the rank of Temporary Bombardier (Corporal). He reenlisted into the Army Reserve in 1971 and attending the Officer Cadet Training Unit, where he graduated as a Second Lieutenant in the Royal Australian Artillery Corps (RAA). He was subsequently promoted to Lieutenant and then to Temporary Captain prior to his discharge in 1982. As was the case during his National Service he was never posted to any areas of conflict.

When politely seeking information from Peterson, he challenged us with the foolish email shown below:

"From: Christian Peterson
To: ANZMI
You will hear from my lawyers as previously stated. You will not discover any information as I've changed my name by deed pole
Your investigations are an intrusion and to say the least, illegal"
.

Despite Peterson's confidence about his secrets, we discovered that he changed his name from Rudolph Christian Piatkowski to Christian Rudolph Peterson. He kept his original name a secret, as part of his strategy to keep his military history secret.

He has been heard to say that he had to change his name to advance his military career.

Here is what he has said about his Vietnam "War service". He;

"Served in Vietnam as a Commissioned Officer and Commanded forty men.
Served behind enemy lines

Saw people killed and, raided villages and shot someone

Was part of the Australian Secret Service for ten years

Coordinated missions from United States Destroyer USS Wainwright (DLG/CG-28.

Was the leader and number one Scout of his troop to set an example".

He also states that he "Knows all about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as he suffered from it for twenty years, but overcame it himself with no support or assistance from Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)"

Veterans are sickened by lily livered, dishonourable fools who make claims of heroic service in war zones. There are thousands of Veterans who everyday suffer the consequences of their war service because of PTSD, for Peterson to say he overcame it without support, is proof enough that he knows nothing about war service.

We contacted Christian Peterson with a polite email to seek confirmation about his "War service". After some to and from, instead of just telling us about his military service, as would any reasonable ex commissioned Army Officer, he commenced a string threats and denials.

"From: Christian Peterson
I'm forwarding all your emails and mine to my lawyer, who'll issue a desist notice to you and your organisation. Threatening me will not work. You are questioning reputation and honesty

From: Christian Peterson
Look as hard as you like, you will not find what I did and where!!!!"

From: ANZMI

Without your input we can only conclude that you are a liar and a fraud.

From: Christian Peterson
"I'm neither, but keep digging. You'll not fine (sic) out my military history. I've got nothing to hide:)"

In relation to the above electronic discourse we publicly respond as follows:

Go ahead, send your emails to your solicitor, but make sure you tell him/her that you have deliberately and dishonourably lied about your military history.

We did keep digging as suggested and soon found your true military history and what you have lied about.

Peterson shows on a Curriculum Vitae displayed on the social media website LinkedIn the following:

Notice that he says "I have reinvented my career a number of times". We know he has reinvented his Military History, and are confident that there are more lies associated with his other claims of expertise.

Peterson struts around like a "Toff" and boasts to have been an Australian Army Officer, Engineer, Instructional Designer, Broadcaster, Print Journalist, Corporate Communicator and Business Owner, we don't know how much truth there is in his claims, but we do know that his claimed exploits of being an Army Major in the Vietnam war are despicable lies.

His actual military service was very mundane and completed on Australian soil.

A dishonourable ex Army Officer is totally un Australian. Peterson is a dishonourable ex Army Officer and well deserves to reside on this web site

Surname: Phillips
Christian Names: Paul Stephan
Country: Australia
State or Province: NSW
City or Town: Wollongong
Service: Army
Branch: Infantry
Case Notes:

Paul Stephan Phillips Service Number 222341 is an ex serviceperson who served his country as an infantry man. For that he should be proud.  Instead of pride however, he followed a path of jealousy and deceit.  He pretended to be a veteran of the Vietnam War and wore ribbons and medals not conferred on him.  These acts, if true, are offences under sections 80A and 80B of the Defence Act 1903 and each can incur penalties of up to $3300.00 and or 6 months imprisonment.  If you want to review the evidence of this persons alleged offences, read here.

Paul Stephen Phillips, born 9th September 1952 is, we have been advised, an ex student who attended Christian Brothers College in Crown Lane, now known as Edmund Rice College, Wollongong.  Edmund Rice College honours its ex-students who served in WW2 or Vietnam by placing their name on an honour board. Below is a photo of the Colleges honour board for the Vietnam War.

There are people on that board who we know served their country with honour and bravery.  To maintain their privacy we have obliterated their names.  But see, there is the name of our hero, Phillips P.  This has been confirmed by the college as being Paul Phillips and that the reason he is on the board is because he claimed to have been in the Vietnam War

Paul Phillips claims to have commenced six years military service in March 1969.  When he first made this claim it was pointed out to him that he would have only been 17 at the time and so he changed the date of commencement to March 1970.  This, of course is an easy mistake to make when you are remembering dates from all those years ago, but read on.  He claims that he did his corps training at Ingleburn between March and September and was then posted to 7 RAR at Holsworthy until embarkation to Vietnam.  He claims to have travelled to Vietnam by ship, a trip of six weeks, where he disembarked at Cam Ran Bay.  He then travelled by truck to his battalion destination.  Whilst in Vietnam he saw Little Patty entertain the troops from the back of a truck and he took his R&R in Butterworth and Penang.  He finished his tour of Vietnam and returned to Australia in September 1971 and continued at Holsworthy with 7 RAR for five years.  He was known to have completed a parachute course and when asked about this he states that he served with the SAS in Western Australia until his discharge in 1983.  When asked what he had done in the SAS he stated, "Do you want me to kill you? Do you know what the SAS is?"   He stated during this conversation that he had completed his military service at the rank of Corporal.   On other occasions he and his wife have been heard to say that he retired from the Australian Army with the rank of Captain and that the Army had assisted with his further education.

Mr. Phillips regularly attends the ANZAC Day ceremonies in Wollongong.  Here is a photo of the proud veterans marching in Wollongong on ANZAC Day 2006.  The crowd on either side of the road are clapping and cheering them, and so they should.  Little do they know that in the midst of the marchers there is a wannabe falsely pretending to be a returned veteran.

One of those marchers wearing the ribbons of the Vietnam Medal and the Vietnam Campaign Medal and also what appears to be the Infantry Combat Badge and the SAS beret badge, is Paul Stephen Phillips. See the cropped photo below from the march.

What is wrong with this?  He marches in ANZAC Day parades and has his name on the   school honour board as a person who served his country in the Vietnam war.

A brief history of 7 RAR and 5/7 RAR will tell you that:

7 RAR was formed at Puckapunyal, Victoria on 1st September 1965 as part of the Australian Army's build up for the Vietnam War.  The Battalion subsequently served twice in Phuoc Tuy Province, South Vietnam.  The first tour was from April 1967 and the second from February 1970.  Both tours lasted approximately 12 months and during this time 7 RAR was deployed on 48 operations.  7 RAR was eventually linked with 5/7 RAR in December 1973.  The colours have been laid up at the Soldiers Chapel at Kapooka, NSW.  Approximately 2,400 men served with the Seventh.  Of these thirty three were killed and 220 were recorded as wounded.

5/7 RAR was formed at Tobruk Lines, Holsworthy on 3rd December 1973.  5 RAR and 7 RAR were linked to form the new Battalion.  The 5 RAR Mascot, Sgt Quintus, and the 7 RAR Pipes and Drums were adopted by 5/7 RAR.

Throughout 1974, 5/7 RAR was involved in individual and company training.  C Company spent the period March to June 1974 in Malaysia supporting the RAAF at Butterworth.

During 1975 the Battalion was involved in assisting the civilian population after Cyclone Tracy in Darwin.

We know from his Australian Army Record of Service that Private Paul Stephan Phillips 222341 joined the Army and went to 1RTB on 1 August 1972, this was after 7 RAR had returned from Vietnam for the last time.  After his corps training at RA Inf Centre he served with 7 RAR until the battalion became part of 5/7 RAR.

Private Phillips went with C Company 5/7 RAR to Butterworth on 5th March 1974 returning to Sydney on 4th June 1974.  He was married on 27th June 1974.

He failed a Clerk Admin Course in October 1973 and obtained a C Pass on a basic parachute course on 13th June 1975.

The years that Mr Phillips states that he was serving with the SAS are within the 30 year rule so we have not been able to obtain service records for this period.  We have been reliably informed that he did not serve with the SAS at any time.

Since the matter was reported to ANZMI, photos and Statutory Declarations have been provided and inquiries made to prove or negate these allegations.  During these inquiries contact was made with the VVAA at Illawara.  The president of that sub-branch stated that Phillips was not a member nor had ever been a member.  He did indicate in his email that he was well aware of the claims and counter claims involving this ex-serviceman.

We have been advised that on Tuesday 15th August 2006 Mr Phillips attended a meeting at the VVAA Illawara Sub-branch relating to the 40th Anniversary of Long Tan.  It is alleged that at that meeting he asked if he could be excused from wearing his medals at the dinner for that Anniversary as his medals had been stolen during a break-in at his home and at the time his wife's jewellery was stolen. As a result of this request another member offered to loan Mr Phillips a set of miniatures and it is believed that it was those miniatures that Mr Phillips wore to the dinner for the Anniversary of Long Tan on the 18th August 2006.

The photo below is of Mr Phillips at that dinner wearing those miniatures.  It is very poor quality but as shown above we have evidence contained in  this Statutory Declaration that this is the case.

It is a sad fact that, for a variety of reasons, we have wannabes in our community.  In the case of Mr Phillips we would like to know why an ex servicemen would stoop to such low levels of deceit to steal the honour of those who served and those who gave their health and lives in service during conflict involving Australian troops.

Government has stated that they see these offences as very serious and have increased the penalties considerably.  There should be no need for veterans to be required to expose these wannabe's.  This is the role of law enforcement.  Alas, the truth is that law enforcement claim they do not have the resources to police these offences. We have been let down by the system and it is left to veterans to police this area of the law, albeit without the ability to impose the penalties stipulated in legislation and without the authority to obtain evidence from the various sources that are available to Government agencies and with out protection under the law when doing so.  This is not the way it should be.  The only way this will change is for the veteran community to let their political representatives know that we, the veteran community, are not satisfied with this farce.

 Evidence tending to prove offences committed by Paul Stephan Phillips is contained within this report.  That is as far as ANZMI can go.  It is now up to the regulatory bodies, the police and CDPP to take appropriate action as required by enacted legislation.  It is also a matter for an affected Ex-Service persons Organisation to take what ever action is required under ESO By-Laws.

The case of Paul Stephen Phillips has received some attention in the last few days.  First, shortly after the case was posted on the ANZMI web site, an email was received from Mr Phillips apologising for his mistakes.  As you can see below there is nothing in this 'heartfelt apology' to indicate that he disagreed with the the case, in fact quite the contrary.