Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'P'

Surname: Pedrana
Christian Names: Michael
Country: Australia
State or Province: Victoria
City or Town: Hoppers Crossing
Service: Army
Branch: Infantry
Case Notes:

Michael Pedrana of Hoppers Crossing, Victoria is a younger generation soldier who has chosen to wear a medal and a clasp that he is not entitled to wear together with his earned medals.

 Pedrana served as an Infantry soldier in the Regular Army until he was discharged in 2008 and now serves with the Army Reserve

The photographs shows Pedrana wearing the following medals.

Australian Active Service Medal 1975 with two clasps.       Entitled to one clasp only for Iraq.

Iraq Medal                                                                            Entitled to wear

Australian Defence Medal                                                    Entitled to wear

United Nations Medal East Timor                                        Not entitled to wear

His official entitlement is described as follows:

Entitled to wear the ADM

Entitled to wear the Iraq Campaign Medal (Qualified in Zone 2 –outside Iraq , was on Schedule 5618/05)

Entitled to wear the Australian Active Service Medal 1975 with Iraq ’03 campaign clasp (Qualified on Op CATALYST in 2004, on Schedule 252/04)

Entitled to wear RAS Badge

From reports we receive it is obvious that contemporary veterans are just as disgusted with their peers who exaggerate their service as generations of veterans before them.

Pedrana has offended his peers and all veterans by wearing an East Timor clasp on his Australian Active Service Medal and by wearing the United Nations Medal for East Timor.

He never served in East Timor and has no entitlement to wear the Clasp or the Medal.

Veterans who exaggerate their service, whether they are old or young are fair game, and if they do the crime we will name and shame them on our web site.

Wannabes and frauds should be cognizant that there are a million veterans, current servicemen and ex servicemen in Australia and New Zealand who do not like those who blatantly lie about their service or gild the lilly.

By wearing the East Timor medal Pedrana has committed an offence under Part VII of the Defence Act 1902 Section 80B and liable to a fine of $3,300 or six months imprisonment or both.

We suggest to Pedrana that his days of wearing a false medal and Clasp are over and he removes them from his Army Reserve uniforms and does not wear them on commemorative occasions.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from private citizens are supported by statements of fact and statutory declarations.

Surname: Pelczar
Christian Names: Otto
Country: Australia
State or Province: WA
City or Town: Perth
Service: RAN Reserve
Case Notes:

Commander Otto Pelczar, Royal Australian  Navy Reserve, Retired

Otto Pelczar’s photograph was featured on a Government Veteran’s website, he was being displayed as an example of an Australian Veteran.

 The photograph was bereft of any identity and it took some time to track Pelczar down to a Returned Services League (RSL) establishment in Perth, Western Australia, where he is a member and a Sub Warden of the Western Australian State War Memorial. The hat with white badge he is wearing in the photograph shown below, is his Sub Warden's Hat.

The web site featuring Pelczar was for the Centre for Military and Veterans Health -  http://www.cmvh.org.au/  and was very prompt in removing the photograph when they were made aware that the Pelczar photograph was offensive.

Shown in the photograph which was taken some years ago, he is also wearing foreign medals of a relative on his right breast, which he is entitled to do, however on his left breast he is wearing an unauthorized “Tin” self purchased Atomic Association medal.  Since the photograph was taken he has acquired more medals, however he still has the Atomic medal on his rack. Most Veterans who see a person wearing “Tin” usually give the wearer a hint about correct protocol, apparently the Perth RSL are a bit shy to give advice to an ex Navy Reserve Commander.

Here is a current photograph of his medal rack still bearing the "Tin" Atomic Association medal and a photo of the Atomic medal shown separately

All of his medals are for Navy Reserve service, he wears no campaign medals. We approach our work without fear or favour and report that the worst “Tin” offenders are ex Navy, usually of the rank of Ordinary and Able Seamen, we don’t expect ex Senior Navy Officers to be following the trend as is the case with ex Commander Otto Pelczar.

Commander Pelczar’s is on the lower scale of offences against ex Servicemen and Veteran protocol, however, as an ex Senior officer he must have know better, in addition you would assume that the Perth RSL, which is heavy with ex Senior Defence Officers, would take action to stop one of their own from making a fool of himself and of their establishment.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from private citizens are supported by statements of fact and statutory declarations.

Surname: Penney
Christian Names: Ronald Keith
Country: Australia
State or Province: Victoria
City or Town: Not Known
Service #: 363481
Service: Army Reserve
Branch: Not Known
Commencement of service: May 77
Completion of service: Feb 84
Case Notes:

Ronald Keith Penney has long and honourable service with Corrections Victoria, the Army Reserve as well as to the World Police & Fire Games, Law Enforcement Games and the Aus/NZ Police Games. The latter was recognised by Mr Penney being awarded an Australian Sports Medal in October 2000.

He has also been awarded the National Medal with 2 bars, the Australian Defence Medal and both the 10 and 20 year Victorian Corrective Service Medals (now superseded). All of these point to a man who has given much to his country, State and community.

Ron Penney joined the Australian Army Reserve in May 1977 and served with the Army Reserve until February 1984 when he was discharged at his own request. For this service he was awarded the Australian Defence Medal.

So Ron is entitled and should feel very proud to wear his Australian Commonwealth medals on his left breast (Australian Sports Medal, National Medal and Australian Defence Medal).

His 2 Victorian State Corrections medals have no place being displayed on the left breast and we can only assume that this has been done to pad out his rack. This is contrary to the correct protocol set out by the Australian Government on the It's an Honour website : "State awards: Medals awarded by Australian State and Territory governments are not considered "unofficial" and may be worn on the right breast."www.itsanhonour.gov.au/honours/awards/wearing.cfm#Order

Here at ANZMI we often see similar examples of people who have served Australia well at both a National and State/Territory level expanding their medal racks by adding either unofficial (tin) or State/Territory awards. We also often hear the feeble excuse "I didn't know." If legitimate recipients of medals feely proud enough to wear them, then they should at least learn the protocols and responsibilities which go along with this. Ignoring these well-known guidelines and rules is either a sign of ignorance or vanity. Neither is acceptable.

Surname: Peters
Christian Names: Gary Philip
Country: Australia Ex NZ
State or Province: Queensland
City or Town: Townsville
Service #: 187407
Service: Australian Army
Branch: RACT
Commencement of service: 1991
Completion of service: 1995
Case Notes:

Gary Philip Peters found fame in the service of the family of the now deposed Libyan despot Colonel Muammar Gaddafi where he was employed as part of the Families security force.

Following the demise of Gaddafi's strangle hold on Libya, Peters fled the country, and the story of his escape has had international media attention. As the dust settled on his adventures, Peters returned to Townsville Queensland, and joined in the conviviality of an ex Services Bikers Association.

At the Bikers club, as shown in the photograph, Peters portrayed himself as a returned veteran by wearing the following medals and badges:

Conspicuous Service Medal (CSM)
Australian Active Service Medal (AASM)
Afghanistan Medal
Iraq Medal
Defence Force Service Medal (DFSM)
Australian Defence Medal (ADM)
Infantry Combat Badge (ICB)
Special Air Service (SAS) winged dagger.

Peters has no entitlement to wear any of the above medals except perhaps the Australian Defence Medal. His Australian Military Service was as a Private Soldier Driver in the Royal Australian Corps of Transport from 1991 to 1995. He served only in Australia.

We hold Statutory Declarations detailing that Peters has said that:

"He had done over 3000 free fall jumps and the large Winged Excalibur tattoo on his forearm he got in the Regt to honor (sic) of the guys who died in the Blackhawk training accident of 91".

We were able to communicate with Peters and when he realised that he was well and truly caught he sent us a series of emails detailing his service:

From Gary Peters 16 Dec 2013

"Hi xxx,

I'll help anyway I can I suppose for my military history, you mean when I served here in Australia or post military experience in Libya, Tunisia and Algieria etc? My service in Australia Im not to keen on discussing that as there is still alot going on with the ICC and the United Nations organisations.

Regards"

From Gary Peters 19 April 2014

"From: Gary Peters <canaust@hotmail.com>
Date: 19 April 2014 17:43
Subject: Re: Military History
To: xxxxxxxx

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Just for your information and for the records, my service # is as follows. 187407. Hopefully this will show that I have served in the RAA but as these records will show I did no overseas duties with the RAA, all my Combat experience was post Army service with private organisations in the US. Hopefully this will assist you. Sorry yes tpt corp and I meant the Royal Australian Army (RAA) sorry for the confusion. Units served in was 5 transport troop and then 85 Tpt in Moorebank Sydney"

"Dear Mr Hobson,

I have served in the Australian Military from 91 to 94 in the tot (sic) corp. I have heard also that have stated that I served with the SASR, this is incorrect, but I did attempt the Cadre course in 93 I think it was but was not successful.

Regards

GP"

"Hi Bill,

Sorry yes tpt corp and I meant the Royal Australian Army (RAA) sorry for the confusion. Units served in was 5 transport troop and then 85 Tpt in Moorebank Sydney".

By detailing his service, it is obvious that he has not earned any of the medals he is wearing. One of the medals is a Conspicuous Service Medal which is a prestigious award for meritorious achievement or devotion to duty in non-war like situations. Peters has obviously purchased that medal and all the others he wears, and awarded them to himself. For that action he has committed offences against the Defence Act 1903, Part VII Sections:

80A. Falsely representing to be returned Soldier
80B. Improper use of service decorations

These two offences carry maximum fines of $3,300 or six months imprisonment or both.

Peters had his fifteen minutes of fame from international media by working for the infamous Gaddafi family. Obviously he needed a bit more fame and wore medals and insignia that he has not earned, and therefore we name him as a scurrilous liar cheat and wannabe and give him a lifetime of infamy on this web site.

Surname: Petersen
Christian Names: Christopher Ross
Country: Australia
State or Province: NSW
City or Town: Central Coast
Service #: 8078316
Service: RAN
Branch: Naval Police/Coxswain/ Para Legal Branch
Commencement of service: 82-05, 05-12 Reserve
Completion of service: 27 Feb 12
Case Notes:

Peter, Paul and Mary recorded a hit song in the sixties which included the lyrics, “When will they ever learn!”.

Again we have a senior former Royal Australian Navy Petty Officer reported to Anzmi for blatantly wearing operational medals in uniform that he has not been awarded.

We can confidently state that Petersen has had little sea time in his Naval career but is flush with medals that he wears regularly. It is a sad state of affairs when former Naval Police and Para Legal Branch personnel completely disregard strict protocols as directed by Australian Government Honours and Awards.

The Royal Australian Navy hierarchy must be getting fed up with these imposters bringing the service into disrepute.

Below is a photograph of former Petty Officer Christopher Ross Petersen.

Petersen is a fraud and a medals cheat. He has to be up there with the worst of the miscreants that have been placed up on Anzmi.

In the photograph above, Petersen is wearing the following medals -;

1. Australian Active Service Medal with clasp. (AASM)
2. INTERFET Medal.
3. Afghanistan Medal.
4. Australian Service Medal with Clasp. (ASM)
5. Defence Force Service Medal with 2 clasps. (DFSM)
6. Australian Defence Medal. (ADM)

Petersen has been awarded and is entitled to wear the -;

1. DFSM with clasps for his long service.
2. ADM.

He is not entitled to wear the -;

1. AASM with clasp.
2. INTERFET Medal.
3. Afghanistan Medal
4. ASM with clasp.

The INTERFET Medal was issued to Australian servicemen and women who served in East Timor between the 16 September, 1999 and the 10 April, 2000 and had 30 days qualifying service. Petersen had no service in the prescribed area during that time. He was in Queensland.

Petersen also has no qualifying service for the award of the Afghanistan Medal.

Suffice to say, that he has no entitlements to the AASM for active service in a prescribed area anywhere, or the ASM for 30 days service in a prescribed peacekeeping or non war like area. E.g. East Timor.

Petersen is also wearing the Royal Australian Navy "Individual Readiness Notification" (IRN) badge on his right side. He has no right to wear this badge on his uniform as it indicates that he is a qualified "sea ready sailor" to an operational area. (Similar to the Army AIRN badge) He had been medically downgraded for many years prior to this photograph being taken and he is just further embellishing his non existant operational service.

Petersen enlisted in the RAN in January, 1982. He was allotted to the Supply Branch as a Steward. He remained a Steward for about 8 years and then transferred over to the Seaman Naval Police portfolio. He carried out the duties of Naval Police/Coxswain and subsequently attained the rank of Petty Officer. He was discharged in 2005 as “unfit for service”. He had very little sea time in his 23 years RAN service and had no operational/active service in that time.

He then transferred to the RAN Reserves and carried out the duties of a Para Legal Petty Officer. He served in the Reserves until 2012 where he again discharged as “unfit for service.” Again, he had no operational/active service in this period.

We would assume that on the way up the promotion ladder, Petersen would have had to attend several mandatory courses on “Ethics and Fraud awareness.” He obviously passed the courses but failed the true test in the end. His integrity and credibility is nil. He is a disgrace to the Naval Police/Coxswain positions that he held and the subsequent Para Legal Office he was appointed to.

Genuine returned serving and retired Australian Naval personnel are as offended as we are at the amount of former and currently serving Navy imposters wearing medals that they have not earned. They just snub their noses at protocols and disrespect their genuine returned colleagues. There are more to come.

Perhaps it is time that Naval officialdom took a stance and made examples of these morons who steal the honour of every returned serviceman and woman in the Australian Military Forces.

Petersen will grace our site as an imposter for ever more and will be a shining example for all our younger sailors of what not to be.

Surname: Peterson aka Piatkws
Christian Names: Christian Rudolph aka Rudolph
Country: Australia
State or Province: Queensland
City or Town: Gold Coast
Service #: 3790478
Service: Australian Army
Branch: Royal Australian Artillery
Commencement of service: 01 Feb 67, 20 Jan 70
Completion of service: 31 Jan 69, 10 Dec 82
Case Notes:

An important attribute of an Australian Commissioned Army Officer, is that they are honourable and honest. Christian Peterson lacks these qualities as he falsely claims to be a returned veteran who served in the Vietnam War. He has also dishonestly promoted himself from Army Reserve Temporary Captain to Major.

Peterson served as a National Serviceman during the Vietnam era but was never deployed on any overseas service. He completed his National Service obligation with the rank of Temporary Bombardier (Corporal). He reenlisted into the Army Reserve in 1971 and attending the Officer Cadet Training Unit, where he graduated as a Second Lieutenant in the Royal Australian Artillery Corps (RAA). He was subsequently promoted to Lieutenant and then to Temporary Captain prior to his discharge in 1982. As was the case during his National Service he was never posted to any areas of conflict.

When politely seeking information from Peterson, he challenged us with the foolish email shown below:

"From: Christian Peterson
To: ANZMI
You will hear from my lawyers as previously stated. You will not discover any information as I've changed my name by deed pole
Your investigations are an intrusion and to say the least, illegal"
.

Despite Peterson's confidence about his secrets, we discovered that he changed his name from Rudolph Christian Piatkowski to Christian Rudolph Peterson. He kept his original name a secret, as part of his strategy to keep his military history secret.

He has been heard to say that he had to change his name to advance his military career.

Here is what he has said about his Vietnam "War service". He;

"Served in Vietnam as a Commissioned Officer and Commanded forty men.
Served behind enemy lines

Saw people killed and, raided villages and shot someone

Was part of the Australian Secret Service for ten years

Coordinated missions from United States Destroyer USS Wainwright (DLG/CG-28.

Was the leader and number one Scout of his troop to set an example".

He also states that he "Knows all about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as he suffered from it for twenty years, but overcame it himself with no support or assistance from Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)"

Veterans are sickened by lily livered, dishonourable fools who make claims of heroic service in war zones. There are thousands of Veterans who everyday suffer the consequences of their war service because of PTSD, for Peterson to say he overcame it without support, is proof enough that he knows nothing about war service.

We contacted Christian Peterson with a polite email to seek confirmation about his "War service". After some to and from, instead of just telling us about his military service, as would any reasonable ex commissioned Army Officer, he commenced a string threats and denials.

"From: Christian Peterson
I'm forwarding all your emails and mine to my lawyer, who'll issue a desist notice to you and your organisation. Threatening me will not work. You are questioning reputation and honesty

From: Christian Peterson
Look as hard as you like, you will not find what I did and where!!!!"

From: ANZMI

Without your input we can only conclude that you are a liar and a fraud.

From: Christian Peterson
"I'm neither, but keep digging. You'll not fine (sic) out my military history. I've got nothing to hide:)"

In relation to the above electronic discourse we publicly respond as follows:

Go ahead, send your emails to your solicitor, but make sure you tell him/her that you have deliberately and dishonourably lied about your military history.

We did keep digging as suggested and soon found your true military history and what you have lied about.

Peterson shows on a Curriculum Vitae displayed on the social media website LinkedIn the following:

Notice that he says "I have reinvented my career a number of times". We know he has reinvented his Military History, and are confident that there are more lies associated with his other claims of expertise.

Peterson struts around like a "Toff" and boasts to have been an Australian Army Officer, Engineer, Instructional Designer, Broadcaster, Print Journalist, Corporate Communicator and Business Owner, we don't know how much truth there is in his claims, but we do know that his claimed exploits of being an Army Major in the Vietnam war are despicable lies.

His actual military service was very mundane and completed on Australian soil.

A dishonourable ex Army Officer is totally un Australian. Peterson is a dishonourable ex Army Officer and well deserves to reside on this web site