Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'M'

Surname: Muller
Christian Names: Noel Patrick
Country: Australia
State or Province: SA
City or Town: Ridgehaven
Service: RAN
Case Notes:

Noel Patrick "Molly" Muller

To set the scene, you need to read some of the claims Muller has written in emails to various people. After you have read them we will point out some of the many untruths that this pathological liar has created to change his service history from that of very mundane Visual Signaler, to that of an heroic Super Sailor who claims to have been very "poorly" dealt with by Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA).

Email Number one.

I am a War Veteran of some 4 conflicts.

I originally enlisted in the RAN in 1961 and served immediately in the Malayan Theatre during the Communist uprising in that country subsequent to Malaya's attempt at becoming a Republic. Of course, they prevailed but is was due to the presence of the British Far East Fleet and the RAN plus RAAF, Australian Army and some segments of the British Army en situ that they managed to do this.Very probably, Malaya (as it was known) would now be a Communist Country otherwise.

Then we moved on to the Indonesian Crisis. The USSR had a huge Naval Presence en situ in Indonesia throughout as this was during the Cold War. It was also during this period that President John F Kennedy was assassinated and the first thought of the USA and for that matter, most of the World's citizens, that it was a Russian assassination.

Later, we were deployed into Burmese Waters (this was effectively a continuation of the Indonesian Crisis) but the two satellite states of the now Malaysian Republic - namely Sabah and Sarawak were the object of interest to the Indonesian Communist backed regime. In effect, this was a continuation of the Indonesian Crisis but as far as we were concerned and due to Geographics, it was a completely new war altogether.

I personally was a Naval Diver and it may surprise many but the infamous Blue Salt Water Crocodile of Northern Australian fame, ranges as far north as Thailand and the Philippines. With the huge rise and fall of Equatorial Tides, the waters of the region are in a constant state of flux and quite muddy. In the extreme, they are very dangerous for Diving activities. I then continued my service into the Vietnam Theatre later into the 1960's with the advent of the Vietnam War.

I have spent much time focused upon my CV but I approach my point now. I am but one of thousands of men (and women) whom were present in the Far East during the 1960's and 1970's and took part in these many and diverse wars. We were subjected to many different types of experimental Chemicals such as Agent Orange and T 2-4-3, etc. The effects of these chemicals are still raising their heads through our offspring and the children of our offspring.

What we are having enormous problems achieving is recognition from the politicians whom sent us away upon these Wars to foreign lands and then, upon our return, be it dead or alive, they have continued for generations, 45 years in my case, to back away from their responsibilities. It is no one Political genre, both of the major parties have had their opportunities and their way with the Veterans and neither have ever lived up to their Election promises.

These same tired old promises are trotted out when ever an election is due and then they are just as promptly filed away once the election has passed. All that the veteran expects is a fair shake, we did our duty and went where we were ordered and did what we were ordered, in my case, very nearly at the cost of my very life due to the stupidity of a Naval Officer. I have been under the treatment of Psychiatrists since the RAN dumped me in 1966 (following injuries suffered) but the RAN did it in such a way as to make it impossible for me to obtain any compensation. They did it quite easily by labelling me as "Physically Unsuited for Naval Service". Very clever choice of words and those same words mean that I am ineligible for any form of compensation or for that matter, extra payments for disabilities suffered in my Pension.

I live on the bare Military Pension (with my Wife) and I receive a small stipend for Hearing Loss from the Naval Guns which sent most Sailors deaf. You see, I am but one man among thousands and now with Afghanistan and Iraq and very shortly Iran coming on line. We have Veterans returning daily, they still return from East Timor with irreparably injuries - not all are visible, mine are not, they are mental in the form of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder all caused to me by trauma suffered in combat.

I receive nothing from the Government for my injuries as I am ineligible to apply. Is there an answer to this situation? Personally, I see none short of the Australian Public, the veritable Australian Electorate standing up for the Veterans as we once stood up for you and gave you the freedoms you now enjoy, write to your local candidate, agitate for change of legislation for a reform in the Military Compensation Laws so that people whom have battle wounds (not always visible) are treated fairly and justly in consideration of the sacrifices that they have suffered in the defense of our way of life. I thank you for your time and God bless you all.

Vindico.

Email Number Two

From: Noel P Muller <daring08@gmail.com>

Date: Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Subject: Re: Molly Muller's Lament

To: Fergus Fairfax <fergus39@gmail.com>, Allen J Petersen <petersaj@bigpond.net.au>, Orange Protest <orangeprotest@googlegroups.com>, Donald Tate <warvet_69@yahoo.com>, Francis Edwards franced@bigpond.net.au

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Noel P Muller <daring08@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, Well, as IT said, IT is back again

Nothing has changed, the same old rantings from a mindless Numb Skull with water where the Grey Matter ought to be. You are very clever at using a mans own words and then twisting them to suit your own purposes you DROP KICK. For no other reason than to clear my personal reputation with those whom I would like to know the truth and for no other reason I have (again) opted to answer your drivel. NO OTHER REASON WHAT SO EVER, YOU SLIME BALL EXCUSE FOR A LIFE FORM. Prior to joining the RAN, I had a great job in the Accounts Department of David Murray Stores here in Adelaide in their Pirie Street Head Office. The building still stands and is tenanted by the Department of Social Service. When I applied for entry to the Navy, I left that position rather than deluding them about my future intentions and took a temporary job of Delivery Driver around the streets of Adelaide for an Automobile Company known as McDonald Motors BMC P/L. Again, you SHIT STIRRING SLIME BALL, I underwent the Naval Psychology Entry Test and as a result was urged strongly to enter the Navy as a Cryptographer, which is exactly what I did. What is the full and recognised title of a CRYPTOGRAPHER - easy - TACTICAL COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR. Surprise, surprise, I told the truth and you have once again proven yourself to be the craven liar that you are by twisting my words to suit your ends. Again, the situation in the Roads of Penang when I was ordered into the water to repel enemy divers and then conduct a bottom search of HMAS Vendetta is as described. I can get you as many witnesses to that one as you choose. The very truth of the matter is that the event (due no input of my own) was the talk of the ship (as these things are on a small ship) it was the talk of the ship for days after the event. It is genuinely sad for you that you have nothing in your past to relate to - that necessitates you resorting to going around squawking and befouling other peoples histories. The COMPANY upon the beach in North Borneo - I will give you this as my memory is poor, If I ever once stated that I ran into a COMPANY Strength group on the beach in Brunei, I apologise as it was NO MORE, NO LESS than a scouting party of around 7 to 10 men - nothing else and I have no recall as to if that is another of your personal twisted interpretations or a mistake upon my part, I will alow that the error may be mine and apologise, IT WAS A SCOUTING PARTY THAT I RAN FOUL OF NO MORE THAN 7 TO 10 MEN OF WHICH I DISPATCHED 3 (I  BELIEVE), THEY WEREN'T SAYING TOO MUCH WHEN I LEFT THEM, NO THE REMAINDER OF THE PARTY NEVER DID RUN AWAY IN FEAR AND I NEVER CLAIMED THEY DID, I WAS THE ONE THAT DEBUNKED POST HASTE, RE-ENTERED THE WATER AND HEADED BACK OUT TO THE SHIP. I WAS NOT WAITING FOR ANY "DRINKS OR 'NOW IS THE HOUR'" FOR MY TROUBLE.

So, continue upon your merry way, you plague, I have not got the slightest idea what your true agenda is and less do I care, you are less than a Maggot to me and worthy of no more recognition than one of those detestable creatures. Carry on with your mindless rantings for the entertainment of similar THINGS to yourself as this is the very last time I will ever respond to any thing bearing your name. My suggestion, do everyone a favour, jump in the bowl and then pull the chain, see how many miss you, FOULNESS.

Best regards, "Molly"

**************************

Noel P "Molly" Muller

42 Heather Drive

Ridgehaven SA 5097

Tel/Fax:- +61 08 8395 0576

Mobile:-  0401 651 145

Email:- daring08@gmail.com

**************************

GO NAVY

Email Number Five

romNoel P Muller <noelmuller42@optusnet.com.au>

tofergus39@gmail.com,

jegon@tpg.com.au,

Allen J Petersen <petersaj@bigpond.net.au>,

Orange Protest <orangeprotest@googlegroups.com>

dateFri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:51 PM

subjectFri 6th Mar 1900 cdst

mailed-byoptusnet.com.au

hide details 6:51 PM (4 hours ago) Reply

To those whom give a damn

 produced below are images, unwarranted but included because I am about to depart the Internet and this is your final bite at the cherry. Read well and read closely as what you are looking at are OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS ON HER MAJESTIES SERVICE and to deny that they exist or their content is actually in defiance of the LAWS OF THIS LAND. They are not fabricated as not OHMS DOCUMENTS SHOULD OR CAN BE (ALTHOUGH YOU LOT DO NOT CARE ABOUT THAT MERE TRIFLE). Again, read them well, print them out, keep a copy for your files and you can squabble as much as what you like between your selves over their content and its veracity to your freaking hearts content as I have already alluded to, THEY ARE ON HER MAJESTIES SERVICE. Due to the Military Nature of the documents, there is NO STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS UPON THEM so be very careful how you treat them and what you say about them - just a little advice from the wise.

    The first in series is my Cover Page of my NAVAL SERVICE CERTIFICATE, the second in series INDICATES THAT I QUALIFIED ON THE 1ST MARCH 1963 AS A "COMPRESSED AIR BREATHING APPARATUS DIVER" with a pass rate of 80% out of 100.

    Further, the third in series is available to any SERVICE MAN WHOM SERVED BEFORE THE FLAG (I WOULD LIKE TO SEE EITHER OF YOURS) AND A COMPLETE RECORD OF MY SERVICE AND THE DECORATIONS I WAS GRANTED, WHERE THEY WERE GRANTED TO ME FOR AND THEY COVER MY ENTIRE NAVAL SERVICE (FIVE POINT FIVE YEARS). FOR THE EDIFICATION OF JOHN GIERSH (JEGON@TPG.COM.AU), I WILL HELP YOU BECAUSE I EMPATHISE WITH YOUR PROBLEM IN COGNITION.

    THEY READ (IN SERIES)

    1)  AUSTRALIAN ACTIVE SERVICE MEDAL 1945-1975 WITH CLASP "VIETNAM" (Note the absence of 187 kilometers over the horizon blossom).

    2)  VIETNAM LOGISTIC SUPPORT MEDAL (Earned during the escort of HMAS SYDNEY ON HER THIRD TRIP TO VIETNAM)

    3)  AUSTALIAN DEFENCE MEDAL (For having served the qualifying time in the Defence of Australia to earn that Medal)

    4)  PINGAT JASA MALAYSIA MEDAL (Granted by the Government of Malaya to Personnel whom served a total in excess of 80 consecutive days in defence of  Malaya  and in defence of the newly formed Republic of MALAYSIA).

    5)  LAST BUT BY NO MEANS LEAST - THE RETURNED FROM ACTIVE SERVICE BADGE, THE MOST VALUED ONE OF ALL OF MY SMALL COLLECTION.

    So, I wish you well on your witch hunt to BURY me as you inferred in your last email to me which I sent back to you as unwanted and do hope that you do not cause yourself too much folly (God knows, you have caused yourself enough already. I do not know where you ever learned that I never went north of Osaka as I visited Tokyo and Yokohama on three separate occasions and so a bit of Geography may well be in order for you as well. Guam, try either of these addresses as grabs you fancy as they were with me in Guam (Douglas Quentin Ryan <drryan@treko.net.au> or John Francis Rowe WARRANT OFFICER OF THE NAVY <jrowe.msbc@gmail.com> and they should be able to confirm one hell of a whole lot more for you but trust me, make sure you have your EAR PLUGS IN AS ANY WORD AGAINST ME AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU PLENTY.

    I realise that this is not the answer you would have liked, GET OVER IT as it is the only one you are ever going to get. This and every one of my email addresses are being closed down once I send this email. Sayonara!

Best regards, "Molly"

**************************

Noel P "Molly" Muller

42 Heather Drive

Ridgehaven SA 5097

Tel/Fax:- +61 08 8395 0576

Mobile:-  0401 651 145

Email:- daring08@gmail.com

**************************

GO NAVY!

********

Having waded through Muller’s writings it is not hard to come to the conclusion that he is a liar and a wannabe. We are sure that there are many red faced HMAS Vendetta and HMAS Melbourne sailors embarrassed by Muller,s illogical lies. We are able to go beyond conclusions, analyse some of what he has said and point out his lies. To dissect these five emails and others he has written would be a mammoth job so we have concentrated on those things he has said that clearly put him in the category of pathological liar and disgraceful wannabe. Muller has voluntarily produced most of our evidence and therefore it is not necessary for us to corroborate his own evidence that he has broadcast widely.  Here is a list of outrageous mutterings and we will debunk them as we go.

Muller’s lie Number 1

I was made to carry out the duties of Clearance Diver as we had no CDT onboard. I   instructed to accompany the Ghurkhas inshore and make sure that they established and then return to the Ship with the “Inflatable” that they used. On recover  them, somehow, the ship was given incorrect co-ordinates and I beached where there was a company of PKI.  By that, I mean that I beached and then a company of PKI came  along from inshore.  They were spread out and heading directly to the beach.  I was  forced to engage several of these individuals and in the process, I dispatched three that I  am aware of but there may well be more.  The Patrol did not go onto the sand but stayed in the jungle and headed north away from me and as soon as I believed it safe, I re- entered the water and made haste back to HMAS Vendetta.  I reported immediately to Captain John P Stevenson and reported the entire incident to him in detail.

A nineteen year old Able Seaman Signaler with no combat experience sent alone to support a Ghurkha patrol. But worse still Muller attacked a Company of PartaiKomunis Indonesia(Indonesian Communist Party Soldiers)(PKI). Killed three of them and scampered back to HMAS Vendetta. Read more about this action:

We withdrew and made afresh contact with the ‘ghurkhas and it turned out that we had indeed landed in Indonesian Territory. New co-ordinates were given and the following night.  I returned inshore with the new bearings

 I made contact with the Ghurkhas and brought them back on board.  As a matter of an aside, the Ghurkhas, you will recall Phillip had Hessian bags which contained human heads.  On reboarding HMAS Vendetta, these heads were place in the ABCD Shower Cubicle. (The Wash Down area for anyone contaminated by Atomic. Biological , Chemical Agents) where they remained until we returned the Ghurkhas to Singapore. It evolved that the heads were for the purpose of positive identification of the individual PKI operatives whom had been captured and slain.”

Within twenty four hours of his heroic action where he single handed “took on” an armed Indonesian Patrol and killed three of them, Muller was again sent out alone to pick up the Ghurkha Patrol. This time his mission was successfully accomplished and according to Muller the Ghurkhas carried on board a Hessian bag containing severed human heads which were stored in a shower cubicle of HMAS Vendetta during the voyage back to Singapore. Can anyone imagine a Naval Officer allowing stinking human heads to slosh around in shower cubicle? Can you imagine the Captain of HMAS Vendetta sending an Able Seaman Signaler alone on two missions within twenty four hours after he had shot and killed three PKI and scared off the rest of the PKI unit?

In a later email Muller amended the number of PKI from a Company to a group of seven to ten, but everything else was the same. Read here:

“The COMPANY upon the beach in North Borneo - I will give you this as my memory is poor, If I ever once stated that I ran into a COMPANY Strength group on the beach in Brunei, I apologise as it was NO MORE, NO LESS than a scouting party of around 7 to 10 men - nothing else and I have no recall as to if that is another of your personal twisted interpretations or a mistake upon my part, I will allow that the error may be mine and apologise, IT WAS A SCOUTING PARTY THAT I RAN FOUL OF NO MORE THAN 7 TO 10 MEN OF WHICH I DISPATCHED 3 (I  BELIEVE), THEY WEREN'T SAYING TOO MUCH WHEN I LEFT THEM, NO THE REMAINDER OF THE PARTY NEVER DID RUN AWAY IN FEAR AND I NEVER CLAIMED THEY DID, I WAS THE ONE THAT DEBUNKED POST HASTE, RE-ENTERED THE WATER AND HEADED BACK OUT TO THE SHIP. I WAS NOT WAITING FOR ANY "DRINKS OR 'NOW IS THE HOUR'" FOR MY TROUBLE”.

It is also an historic fact that HMAS Vendetta never ventured to any Beach in Brunei, North Borneo in 1963. Here is a list of Vendetta deployments for the period:

Vendetta from Sydney.

                        Arrived     Left
Darwin            18/07/63 19/07/63
Singapore       25/07/63 29/07/63
Palau Tioman  02/08/63 05/08/63
Singapore       09/08/63 26/08/63
Palau Tioman  31/08/63 02/09/63
Hong Kong      05/09/63 14/09/63
Singapore*      20/09/63 30/09/63
Hong Kong*     04/10/63 19/10/63
Singapore        25/10/63 05/11/63
Subic Bay       16/11/63 23/11/63
Hong Kong      25/11/63 28/11/63
Osaka             02/12/63 06/12/63

Kure                07/12/63 11/12/63

Vendetta did visit Borneo (Tawau) in August 1964 but at that time Muller was at land based HMAS Kuttabul until he was posted to HMAS Melbourne in December 65.

From: Noel P Muller

To:Allen J Petersen ; Alan Griffin (MP) Sent: Wednesday, 14 October 2009 10:35

AM Subject: Media Release from DVA Min Griffin (More of the same - sunshine!)

Your support for those of us whom are declared Mentally ill is touching Alan, what about giving us more money to survive upon as our Mental Illness is a given - So is our inability to make ends meet - at least place the freaking horse before the cart Minister rather than shooting blanks everywhere to make yourself look good.

It does not wash Minister -

1 year and 11 months on and you have still yet to deliver upon any single promise you made in your pre election campaign and the same goes for your boss. Weak as freaking water. Talk is so cheap and is so meaningless - actions are what count - you know that equally well as what I do; and I am MENTALLY UNWELL so what does that make you?

Noel

Muller is deserving of prompt legal action from law enforcement and disgust from the veteran community.  He represents everything a genuine veteran holds in contempt.

4th Nov 2009

Update Noel “Molly” Muller

Wannabes don’t come any more obnoxious or persistent than Noel “Molly” Patrick Muller.  In an email dated 1 Nov 09, shown below, Muller says:

Just for the exercise, place my name (Noel P Muller) into "Google" and see what you come up with. You will have to expend no more effort than that I have suggested to see what they have done to me and my good name and my Naval Service.

Muller is so stupid he fails to understand that ANZMI have merely reported what he has said. His “good name and my Naval Service” were sullied by him alone, when he began telling ridiculous lies in his bid to fraudulently claim benefits from The Department of Veterans Affairs.  His other motive behind these “stories” was to elevate himself to hero status within his own family.

Muller gains strength from an alliance of like minded veterans who blatantly support wannabes. Among their ranks are others who appear on this web site they are Kirkman, Moon, Eather-Evans – Patterson. They call themselves the “Mad Galahs” and have caused disruption in the Australian veteran community for the past three years, with their outlandish accusations and conspiracy theories aimed at individual veterans, Politicians and the Defence community generally. The email shown below was distributed widely to the Mad Galahs by their post manAllen Petersen (shown in the address group)

Muller is a recidivist wannabe, who has told so many lies to his family that he lacks the courage to tell them the truth and live peacefully. He chooses to live the lies he has created, which by now, are believed only by himself and his loopy Mad Galah mates. He points out that someone very close to him has sent us a photograph taken at a close family event, that should give him a hint.

Muller further says in his email:  “Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world or rather, people such as the subscribers to anzmi/avm have made it their task to ensure that we do not”. also "I wish for nothing more; nor less that what the majority of other Veterans desire and that is a world of peace and harmony within our circle (Veterans - that is) but the nameless cretins will not allow this luxury".
The problem is that Muller’s “perfect world” and "harmony" is one where he is a recognized hero for his make believe Navy service and he is getting a big fat pension from Veterans Affairs for his feigned war caused afflictions.

In the real world The Department of Veterans Affairs don’t deal in fantasy and don’t g

Surname: Murda AKA John
Christian Names: Michael Henderson
Country: Australia
State or Province: Queensland
City or Town: Cape Point
Service #: Nil
Service: Nil
Branch: NIL
Commencement of service: Nil
Completion of service: Nil
Case Notes:

Murda AKA John AKA Jones of Cape Point in Queensland is a wannabe, fraudster and a bully. We believe that he is currently using the name Michael Henderson.

Murda has had no military service whatsoever, and yet he tells stories of his time with the elite Australian Special Air Service Regiment (SASR), here are some examples:

"He was a Sniper in the SAS and didn’t like to talk about it much. When he was in Afghanistan they were overlooking a McDonalds Restaurant and were positioned to shoot anyone they felt was a threat. He stated he only had to shoot once then".

"He was based in Bosnia working in Sarajevo. She was working with NATO at the time. His division which was a part of Secret Operations Logistics Squadron had just been established and as a result they required snipers who had trained at, “Sniper school.” He stated that he killed many men women and children for his country. However he wasn’t weak so didn’t require any pension or after care"

"Whilst in Bosnia he stayed in an area called sniper alley where there was continuous fire fights between the snipers. He stated that his wife was their commander (from NATO) and would send them on secret mercenary type missions. When asked to clarify as things didn’t make sense (e.g. Sniper school and working with NATO) he became angry and said it was bringing the bad out in him and he doesn’t want to relive it as it was fourteen years ago".

When asked why he used the name "John" he said.

"The army had given them many names and birth certificates in case they needed to ever disappear".

We can report that Murda did visit Sarajevo in 2005 but only to have lunch with his civilian wife who was working with NATO. The lunch in the NATO Officers Mess is the sum total of his military service.

Murda uses his lunatic military stories to charm vulnerable women and if his "Military Service" is ever questioned he resorts to threats and violence. He has said;

"He knows how to bleed people out and torture people due to his training."

Murda has other skeletons in the closet. Before he was an "SASR Sniper", he would have required a few years normal army service then at least another year to complete the SASR acceptance and training cycle. This would mean to have been a Sniper in Bosnia in 2005 he would have had to have been a soldier since at the very least 2002, however the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) were busy applying a lifetime ban from Financial Investment work during that period. He was found guilty of fraud in 2004 that related to crimes between the period 2002 and 2004.

Michael Murda aka John aka Jones is a liar wannabe and fraudster who is known also as a bully. He is a pathological liar and cannot be trusted with other peoples property.

You can tell when he is lying because his lips are moving.

People like Murda who have never served, yet claim to have been a Special Forces Soldier are most welcome to our web site, and we hope that Murda enjoys his infamy.

Surname: Murdoch
Christian Names: John
Country: Australia
State or Province: QLD
City or Town: Bundaberg
Service: National Service
Branch: RAAF
Case Notes:

John Murdoch ex National Serviceman of Bundaberg Queensland

Here is a photograph of John Murdoch of the Bundaberg Branch of the National Servicemen’s Association of Australia, Queensland Inc.  Notice he is wearing Clasps on his Anniversary of National Service Medal.

We are advised that the Clasps say “RAAF” and “1954”.  They look innocuous enough, but are they really?

Background - Medals

After many years of lobbying the federal government, the NSAA obtained for all National Servicemen (whose service during the 1950s was limited in many cases to as little as 3 months in training camps, and from 1965-72 was for 2 years full-time) a "gong": the Anniversary of National Service Medal (ANSM).

The ANSM is in the lowest official category of medals - "Commemorative" - and simply recognises an "event": the implementation of government policies concerning conscription.  Nevertheless, the ANSM has caused significant discord amongst serving and former regular service people, who consider that the value of their full-time voluntary service of up to fifteen years prior to eligibility for a long service medal was devalued by the ANSM.

Representations were accordingly made to the government to redress that situation by striking a medal for voluntary service.  However, not satisfied with their official "Commemorative" medal, the NSAA - and reservists - got into the act and convinced the government that they too should be awarded an official medal in the higher "Service" category to recognise their military service rather than just an "event".  According to many non-veteran "nashos", they also wanted "... to have a service medal to wear on Anzac Day", despite the fact that they had declined to volunteer for active service.  The government consequently acquiesced by reducing the eligibility criteria to the lowest common denominator so that the nashos and reservists also became eligible for what was to becomethe Australian Defence Medal.

Because of the nashos' and reservists' opportunism, the minimalist criteria for the ADM have further devalued full-time voluntary service and the deprivations and hardships of "regimental life" - full-time service in the Army and its RAN and RAAF equivalents.

Because of the nashos' and reservists' opportunism, the minimalist criteria for the ADM have further devalued full-time voluntary service and the deprivations and hardships of "regimental life" - full-time service in the Army and its RAN and RAAF equivalents.

Having always tolerated the "quota" and "top-down" systems relating to decorations, serving and former regulars have no option but to accept this as a further injustice and to content themselves in the familiar knowledge that "medals do not make the man" (or "less is more") - and that nothing can compare with or detract from their hard-earned and esoteric esprit-de-corps.

Background - Devices

Devices, such as bars, clasps and rosettes, are often approved as appurtenances to decorations and medals.  They may signify battle honours, multiple awards, or defined areas of overseas operational service.  They appear innocuous, but are valued highly by their recipients and respected by those who understand such things because each device is generally tantamount to the award of an additional medal.

The government has never approved or issued any "devices" such as clasps for either the ANSM or the ADM.

"Self-proclaimed" clasps attached to an official medal may well seem inoffensive to those whose lack of effective service does not enable them to appreciate our system of military awards.  They may also appear insignificant compared to self-purchased medals; however, each "self-proclaimed" device effectively represents an additional "self-proclaimed" medal.

Fake devices are thus an affront to people who have earned genuine devices through their commitment, deprivation, and arduous service.  Fake devices are thus equally as pretentious and deceptive as "tin" medals and we will continue to discourage their embellishment of either genuine or "tin" gongs.

Ignorance is no excuse in the matter of medals and devices because plenty of authoritative resources have always been readily available.  Pretentiousness and attempts to impress uninitiated people through deception are affronts to all self-respecting veterans and ex-servicepersons and will no longer be tolerated.

National Servicemen

The NSAA has chosen to adopt the "civilian uniform" of a blue blazer with NSAA pocket emblem, tie, trousers of various colours and blue Army Beret with the wearer's Corps Badge and the NSAA badge.  This attire looks smart and tends to contrast with that of veterans, who tend to understate their service by appearing in "mufti" on commemorative occasions.

In addition, many non-veteran nashos have also adopted the strange habit of saluting at every opportunity whilst in their "civilian uniforms", presumably because they think that a beret justifies a salute - or perhaps because they're copying some British or American veterans and non-veterans who, for reasons we can only assume to be self-aggrandising, seem to want to salute all over the place.   Again, the nature of their service appears insufficient for them to have learned the Australian military traditions that become ingrained through regimental life, including the protocol that when not in military uniform, the correct gesture of respect for the fallen is that after bowing the head, one's medals are covered with the right hand or headwear.  It's called "the veterans' salute", but it's also appropriate for non-veterans.

We respect non-veterans' service and support the nashos' and reservists' annual commemorative occasions, but Anzac Day and Remembrance Day are veterans' days and community institutions, and must be conducted as such if they are to regain their essence and gravitas, as distinct from their popularity.

We therefore trust that the ESOs will return to the traditions that have progressively been eroded over the past decade or so, and that those of their members who have embellished or faked their service will regain their self-respect by ceasing to live a lie through wearing their correct medal entitlement.

The Media

Because of their pair of genuine gongs - sometimes accompanied by a "long gong" or two - or unfortunately embellished by a "tinnie" or three - non-veteran nashos are often referred to in the media as “Veterans”, which again is an affront to genuine veterans, and particularly to the comrades and relatives of the fallen.  A veteran is a person who has been deployed to a war zone and has been issued with a Returned from Active Service Badge (RASB) - which, since the advent of several medals for things other than war service, has become more significant than ever before.

When the media inevitably mistakes non-veterans for veterans in the future, we will draw the public's attention to the error until we eliminate the need for the term "genuine veterans".

Now back to John Murdoch

Many veterans are concerned about the behaviour of the NSAA, however they tolerate them and have accepted that their three months recruit training and subsequent Citizens Military Forces Service has been recognised with a couple of medals.  It is always the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

Now appearing on the scene are Clasps on the ANSM.

We have never seen this before and hope to never see it again. It is contrary to Department of Defence Honours and Awards protocol and for the reasons stated above, they have no place on the ANSM.

We sought advice from the Queensland Branch of the National Servicemen’s Association, however a senior executive from that organisation sent us the following email:

date22 October 2010 17:38

subjectJohn MURDOCH

mailed-bygmail.com

Signed bygmail.com

hide details 22 Oct

Good Afternoon,

re Mr. John Murdoch

John is a much respected member of Bundaberg Branch of NSAA (Qld) Inc. and has been for many years, infact is the elected Branch Treasurer for a few years also).

The "clasps" worn attached to the ANSM which he proudly wears are as follows:

R.A.A.F.

1954

To signify his Nasho Service.

Trust this will allay any fears is held that John is not "On the Up."

Regards

Obviously the attitude at the top level of the National Servicemen’s Association in Queensland is that if you are a “good bloke” you can "proudly" embellish your medal entitlement.  Why was there a rush to defend Murdoch, but no attempt to verify the correct protocol and resolve the issue?  Do they care; or does everyone just make up their own rules; or are there special rules for some?  The WA R&SL has the same attitude in the case of Otto Pelczar.   http://www.anzmi.net/pelczar/pelczar.html

The military is steeped in traditions, uniformity, earned respect, and leadership by example - but apparently that's all lost on some of the Ex Service Organisations (ESOs) and particularly their non-veteran "leaders".  Veterans take seriously their responsibility for passing on traditions, and if the NSAA in particular wants the rest of the ex-service community to take it as seriously as it takes itself, it has another think coming.  True leaders never falter in subjecting themselves to higher standards of behaviour than their followers because they commit themselves to excellence and respect the traditions left for them carry on.

Whether or not they have experienced full-time and/or active service, it is incumbent on the leaders of all ESOs to acquaint themselves with our military's traditions and protocols and to ensure the compliance of their members.  In failing to do so, they are complicit in jeopardising the reputations of people who may otherwise have made valuable contributions through their work in ESOs, but unnecessarily diminish their reputations through sheer foolishness.

National Servicemen, Veterans and ex Servicemen should know that medals protocol is very clear and if you purchase unearned Medals or Clasps and wear them on your left breast it is a pretentious wannabe act that is contrary to Official protocol and is increasingly looked upon with disgust by genuine Veterans, who are intolerant of people who steal others' valour and dignity.

Also, saluting in civilian clothing is an act that is simply not within the traditions of the Defence Forces of Australia and all of its predecessors.. The ex National Servicemen shown in the photo below are saluting in civilian clothes when they should be placing their right hands -or their berets - over their medals.  Why?  Read on:

“Ex Servicemen in civilian dress are to wear: - Medals or Decorations awarded to them personally on the ‘left side’. - Medals or Decoration awarded to other family members on the ‘right side’

The Salute by Veterans at the Cenotaph or Wreath Laying Ceremony (Remembrance Service)

It will be noticed at any Remembrance Service or when passing a Cenotaph Veterans will place their Right Hand over their “Left Side” many may believing that they are placing their ‘Hand over their Heart” in Respect or Remembrance of their Fallen Comrades”;- this is not so.

The Veterans Salute to their “Fallen Comrades” originated in London on Armistice Day in 1920, during the ceremony to unveil and dedicate the Cenotaph in Whitehall at the same time a funeral procession accompanying the remains of the “Unknown Soldier” halted at the Cenotaph during the ceremony before proceeding to Westminster Abbey for internment. Those present included the senior Soldier, sailor and many Victoria Cross winners. The ceremony concluded with a march past. The Regimental Sergeant Major of the Guard Regiment conducting the ceremony, faced with a gathering of highly decorated and high ranking military men (including many Victoria Cross winners), all wearing rows of medals, decreed that all would salute the Cenotaph as they marched past by placing their hand over their medals, signifying that “No matter what honours we may have been awarded they are nothing compared with the honour due to those who paid the supreme sacrifice”.

Now see the photo below a couple of “dags” doing it all wrong.

John Murdoch’s offence appears, prima facie, to be on the lower end of the Wannabe scale but it is sufficiently significant to warrant a place on our web site.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from private citizens are supported by statements of fact and statutory declarations.

Surname: Musgrave
Christian Names: Ken J
Country: Australia
State or Province: WA
City or Town: Perth
Case Notes:

Ken J Musgrave

They have experienced too many shared emotional confidences and it is the Australian Diggers' way to stick to your mates, sharing whatever troubles they face together.  They tried to believe the information about their friend must be wrong, but doubts are insidious and so the Veterans turned to those they thought would be in a position to help them solve the riddle of Ken J Musgrave's Vietnam Service.

Ken J Musgrave - Service Number 180707 told many convincing stories of his experiences while serving in Vietnam.  He wore Vietnam Ribbons on his leather jacket, with an Infantry Combat Badge and a Returned From Active Service Badge.  He frequently wore a baseball cap with the Vietnam Veterans' logo and his car carried Vietnam Veteran stickers.

Musgrave rode with the Vietnam Veterans' Motorcycle Chapter in Western Australia.  He did not wear Club 'Colors', claiming he only wanted to be a social member.  One ex-member of the Vietnam Veterans' Motorcycle Chapter who rode with the Chapter at the same time as Musgrave, described how he had to produce his Discharge Certificate as proof of his service, even though he served in Vietnam as an Infantryman with the now Chapter President.  In retrospect, he now surmises that Musgrave preferred to be a 'social' member because he was unable to present evidence of his service in Vietnam to gain full membership of the Chapter.

ANZMI commends the Vietnam Veterans' Motorcycle Chapter in W.A. for taking strong action to prevent their ranks from being contaminated by wannabes.  An example we wish all Ex-Service Organisations and groups would follow, to stamp out parasites like Musgrave.  It is only the slack inaction of some ESO Executives that allows wannabes to prosper, at the expense of the honour of those servicemen and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in combat or died since they served.  Their memories deserve to be honoured for all time, not dragged through the gutter by gutless individuals who seek glory and influence in their name.

Although Musgrave told many stories of his service in Vietnam to the members of the Vietnam Veterans' Motorcycle Chapter, one stands supreme.   He almost reduced his mates to tears when describing his heroism, relating how he accidentally fell 200 feet from a chopper while rappelling over the canopy in hostile country, and then waiting two nights to be rescued.  He told his mates that after being rescued, he was taken to Singapore for medical treatment and rehabilitation and then returned to active service in Vietnam to complete his tour of duty.  He displayed his DVA Gold Card as evidence of the permanent disability caused by this accident.

Musgrave's mate witnessed many horrific nightmares when, while shaking profusely he pretended he was being ambushed, screaming "incoming".......and yelling to his mates to "keep your heads down".

Musgrave also demonstrated to his mates, acquaintances and family, serious anger problems and a dysfunctional way of dealing with life's issues, blaming his behaviour on PTSD, that he claimed he suffered as a result of his Vietnam service.  Musgrave's persona is that of "the tough bikie with no morals, who doesn't give a sh.. what anyone else thinks".

Musgrave's life as a 'war hero' and emotional parasite, feeding on his friends' compassion and support, started to unravel on Anzac Day 2007 at Nollamara RSL.  Several members of the VV Motorcycle Chapter questioned his friends about Musgrave's claimed Vietnam Service.  His name did not appear on the Vietnam Nominal Roll, so his friends contacted the WA Branch of the Vietnam Veterans' Association of Australia, believing that they could clear up the issue of Musgrave's claimed Vietnam Service, believing that the lack of mention in the Nominal Roll must be an oversight as he was a mate.

After much soul searching, Musgrave's friend approached him in September 2007 and asked him to produce evidence of his Vietnam Service.

Musgrave refused to discuss the matter and threw his "mates" out of his life.  An unpardonable act when the mates had been so close to him for some years.  Even then, his friends could not believe that an ex-serviceman who had experienced the camaraderie of service life and understood the true meaning of "mateship", as only Diggers can, could be so low as to live the lie so thoroughly.  There must be some other explanation, perhaps his mental state, his PTSD, his nightmares of Vietnam, his war caused injuries?

This is where the story takes an unexpected nosedive.  The friends who contacted the VVAA in Western Australia have recorded the flow of correspondence between themselves and the WA Branch of the VVAA.  The timeline of that correspondence, and comments by the Vietnam Veterans who sought help. are as follows:-

14-6-07          Statutory Declarations and photographs sent to Peter Ramsay VVAA

2-10-07          Reply from VVAA - "looking into it"

15-10-07        Change of leadership of VVAA - Jason O'Dowd at the helm

20-11-07        Notified that O'Dowd will be looking into Musgrave

11-1-08          Letter sent to Musgrave by O'Dowd which stated:-

Mr Musgrave,

It has come to the attention of the Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia
evidence in the form of three Statutory Declarations and photographic evidence alleging that you are portraying yourself as a Vietnam Veteran.

Should the information at hand be incorrect, please advise.

The Association has forwarded this information to the relevant authorities.

Signed:  Jason O'Dowd

              State President

7-2-08          Richard Williams is now VVAA head honcho - he describes O'Dowd as "slack" and advises that the Stat Decs and photos that have been forwarded to VVAA by the Vets have been lost.

9-2-08          Request from VVAA for replacement Stat Decs and photos

16-5-08        VVAA requests photos, address and more info about Musgrave - Richard Williams in contact with Australian Federal Police.

30-6-08        Notified that Stat Decs still missing

3-7-08          Notified that O'Dowd had really stuffed things up and that the Stat Decs are still missing

16-10-08      O'Dowd has found the missing documents and Richard Williams is handing them to Australian Federal Police

18-11-08      Statutory Declarations hand delivered to Australian Federal Police by Richard Williams

When Richard Williams advised the Vietnam Veterans that he had hand delivered the Stat Decs to the AFP, he also offered the following (encouragement ????):-

While it is an important issue to us, in terms of national security etc, it is a low priority to the AFP.  It doesn't have official status but XXXX is following up on it, a spare time job when he can combine it with other inquiries.

His advice is, if we can provide any further upto (sic) date info ie, photo's, statements etc, showing that the offenders are still acting as "wannabee's". (sic)

So..........what can we glean from the preceding records of events.

An emotive and divisive and dishonourable issue concerning Veterans is a low priority with the Australian Federal Police.  Offences against the Commonwealth are a low priority and have no official status!!!!!!!!!  John 11:35

If the offenders are no longer committing crimes, there is no need for further Police action? (All criminals stand in line and sign the pledge, then you can go free!!!!!)

A part of the duties of Australian Federal Police is to guard our Federal Government Offices, "checking passes and kicking arses" if I correctly recall my trips off base back in the Dreamtime, and from the information above, that would seem to be the limit of their capability.

Politicians can change the priority that the AFP gives to offences committed by the Musgraves polluting our society..  Aren't they always telling us how important it is to respect the memory of Veterans and describing how much our Nation owes it's Veterans?  Not that long ago the Politicians enacted Legislation to increase the fines for the same offences committed by Musgrave, to over $3000.00 and six months gaol.  The Politicians told us they would stamp out wannabes like Musgrave and allow no dishonour to be visited on the sacred memory of our fallen comrades.  The Veteran Community is waiting.................

The truth is that for issues that are important to Veterans and Peacekeepers, Politicians have the same attitude as Musgrave..............they "don't give a sh.."

A key lobby group, (so they tell us) the VVAA, who supposedly advise the Government on Veterans' issues, needed seventeen months to pass information to the Australian Federal Police.  No wonder the Politicians don't give a sh.., when it seems a key lobbyist, the WA Branch of the VVAA, shows that little interest in helping some Vietnam Vets when they seek assistance.

Along the way during the purgatory the Vietnam Veterans were going through while waiting to get information or action from the various ESO's and Government Departments they had contacted, they took a chance with ANZMI.

Although there were hiccups along the way as the ANZMI Investigator stumbled occasionally while dealing with Government Departments who don't seem to understand that the second half of their job classification is meant to describe what the public expects them to perform, the truth began to emerge.

National Archives of Australia confirmed Musgrave's military service and Regimental number, but that service was well after the cessation of hostilities in Vietnam.  Musgrave's service taught him to "talk the talk", but there were no Warlike actions involving Infantry troops during his period of service.  Therefore the Returned from Active Service Badge and the Infantry Combat Badge that he wore on numerous occasions, including Anzac Day ceremonies, and at Bruce Rock Vietnam Veterans Memorial Service in 2006, are further slurs he committed on the Veteran Community.

The real Vietnam Veterans described a great weight being lifted from them, and they were greatly relieved to finally know the truth.  They were very disappointed that Musgrave was proved a lying wannabe, but relieved of the pain they had been experiencing because of Musgrave deceiving them with his lies and totally destroying their trust and leaving them unable to cope with their emotions.

Being an ex-serviceman, Musgrave was accorded the courtesy of a letter from ANZMI, offering him an opportunity to defend his honour, or, to make an apology to those he had betrayed, rather than immediately being shamed on the ANZMI website without notice.

Musgrave replied to ANZMI, confessing to deceiving the Vietnam Veterans and their families and offering his sincere apology.

I Ken Musgrave wish to apologise to the Vietnam Veterans and their famlies for deceiving them, in know way did I intend to dishonour those who fought or died.
The reason for my dishonesty was because I was going through an extremely difficult time and needing help. I thought the Vietnam Veterans Ass. where the only ones able to help and believed you had to be a Vietnam Veteran to receive help.
Then when I received help, support and understanding from the Vietnam Veterans and their families, I found I was in a situation that I could not see away out of.  This dilemma has been eating me away and hoping there was some way of resolving it.
I have distanced myself from all veteran communities because of th remorse I feel.
I never intended to hurt or dishonour anyone and are very sorry for my actions and hope my sincere apology is accepted by the Vietnam Veterans community.
I would like to thank the Vietnam Veterans community for there support and understanding when not many other could

My sincere apologies
Ken Musgrave

The Veterans affected by his betrayal of friendship could not accept the apology.  They described the apology as "stomach turning" and further stated that as they knew Musgrave so well, they believed there was not a scrap of remorse attached to the apology.  They further informed ANZMI that Musgrave has had many opportunities to make an apology and added that as Musgrave has had military service and should know and understand the values that ex-servicemen and women hold sacred, his crimes were manifestly greater and he should be made accountable for his total lack of respect and feeling toward the Vietnam Veteran Community.

Musgrave has been described as a bloke who "doesn't give a s...", and the persona he portrays is that of a "tough bikie being a law unto himself".  He deserves no respect or forgiveness by Veterans.

This tale relates the true situation that wannabes create in any community.  Those who believe that wannabes' do no harm, should carefully read this case and many others on the ANZMI website.  Then they will see the anguish of betrayal, the lost friendships and the hurt caused by these gutless impostors who steal the honour of true heroes, past and present, of the Australian and New Zealand Armed Forces.

While ever a single Vietnam Veteran exists, the powerful feelings that are a legacy of their service will continue to permeate Australasian society and beyond.  It is therefore imperative that we do what we can in our time to right the wrongs for those not here and those on the way out.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from private citizens are supported by statements of fact and statutory declarations.

Surname: Musgrove
Christian Names: Ernie
Country: Australia
State or Province: NSW
City or Town: Huskisson
Service #: None
Service: None
Branch: None
Commencement of service: None
Completion of service: None
Case Notes:

"Captain" Ernie Musgrove  drives a tourist boat for a company that operates in the area of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Facility at Jervis Bay, NSW.

When on "Sea duty"  "Captain" Ernie wears four gold bars on his shoulder and  a Submariners Dolphins badge on his left breast.

The Dolphins badge is not a "broach" to be worn by civilians as it indicates that the wearer has served as an elite Submariner in the RAN.

Musgrove has no RAN service record and has certainly never been a Submariner. His wearing of the Dolphins badge is pretentious and dishonest.

Falsely wearing RAN accoutrements is not a good move in the area of a major Naval facility.

Navy personnel desiring to chat with Musgrove about his Submariners badge should find him at a major tourist attraction in the Huskisson area of Jervis Bay.

Welcome to our web site "Captain" Ernie Musgrove, you didn't earn the coveted Dolphins badge but you have earned a place on our web site.