Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'M'

Surname: Meehan
Christian Names: Bryan Michael
Country: Australia
State or Province: Victoria
City or Town: Myrtlford
Service #: 3790016
Service: Army
Branch: Infantry
Completion of service: 1968
Case Notes:

Bryan Meehan is Secretary of the Myrtleford, Victoria,  Returned and Services League (RSL).

Meehan1

Meehan wears five medals they are:

Australian Active Service Medal  (AASM)

Vietnam Medal (VM)

Australian Defence Medal (ADM)

Commemoration of National Service Medal (CNSM)

Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal  (RVCM)  -  Not entitled

As an Infantry Soldier in Vietnam, Meehan certainly earned the first four medals, but he did not fulfil the requirements to wear the RVCM.  The requisites are clear and concise and cannot be changed because the medal was presented by the now non existent country, The Republic of Vietnam.  Here are the requirements:

Meehan

Meehan served for 154 days,  which is 27 days short of the required 181 days.  He was not medically evacuated as being a battle casualty.

Meehan

Meehan was contacted and he asserted that he was entitled to wear the medal because he had no leave whilst in Vietnam and the medal was endorsed on his Army Records. When asked to produce the certificate he refused to do so.  He was insistent about the matter and declined further discussion.

Perhaps those from the Myrtelford RSL can ensure that he becomes cognizant of the details for wearing the medal and make sure he removes the medal from his rack.

Meehan says he has worn the medal for fifty years, therefore fifty years ago, he would have purchased it and had it mounted on his rack. He knew then that it was not legitimate.

Surname: Meiers
Christian Names: William John
Country: Australia
State or Province: Queensland
City or Town: Wondai
Service #: 3174783
Service: CMF
Branch: Artillery
Commencement of service: 26/01/1965
Completion of service: 01/10/1971
Case Notes:

UPDATE  June 2018

Since publishing the report about William John Meiers of Wondai Queensland, we have received further information about his false claims to be a returned veteran.  Here is a clearer picture of him on ANZAC day 2018.

Meiersupdate1

More of his disgraceful lies have come to light.

Meiersupdate2

His stupidity is evidenced by his use of the term "Nam" instead of "Vietnam".  Genuine veterans never us the term "Nam".  He also claims to have been at Fire Support Base Coral,  where he fired at the enemy over "open sights at 100 yards". He was not there.

From a Facebook entry, Meiers talks about number  ‘6’ gun of 12 Field Regiment that featured in the Battle of Coral in Vietnam.  Meiers claims to have been there, but he wasn't.  He has written the word "books" in the second sentence, we assume he meant to write "gooks" which is another term never used in Vietnam.

Meiersuipdate3 Copy

Here is a shocker.  Meiers gives adoration to the Australian flag because he fought under it and his mates died under it.  He is lying sham of a man.

Meiersupdate4

Finally with great confidence in his deceit, he led the Wondai RSL Sub Branch in their ANZAC Day march.

Meiers

Since publishing our first report we have heard nothing from Meiers.  He appears to be hiding, perhaps using the skills he learned in the jungles of Vietnam.  Be assured that glorying in the kudos of being a "Returned Soldier" may expand the ego,  but Australian and New Zealand Veterans will not tolerate the stealing of their honour.

Those who do, and are caught out, will appear on this website, which has a tendency to deflate the largest of egos.

***

CASE NOTES:

William John Meiers was born on 14 April 1946 and is a "Life Subscriber" member of the Returned and Service League (RSL) in Wondai Qld. He transferred from Jimboomba Qld in 2010. On the transfer certificate, his Army Unit is listed as 15 Fd Regt (15 Field Regiment) and his Regimental number 3174782.

William Meiers

William Meiers

Meiers is wearing lots of buttons and badges as well as Vietnam service medals. His array is somewhat askew, as the medals are not in their proper order. In the photograph he has:

1. Australian Active Service Medal
2. Vietnam Medal
3. Commemoration of National Service Medal
4. Australian Defence Medal.

Medals 3 and 4 are in the wrong order. This is a bungle no genuine Returned Veteran would make. It is however, a blunder that a conniving Wannabe and Medal Cheat would do.

Because wannabes lack the experience of genuine Returned Veterans, they believe they can fool all the people all the time. Being photographed wearing false medals is not a good strategy, and it is a major factor in bringing these caitiffs to the justice of the Returned Veterans communities.

Fortunately, there are observant Returned Veterans at the Wondai RSL, who picked up on aspects of Meiers’ behaviour and his medals rack, indicating that he was not the full package.

Obviously Wondai has not succumbed to the general malaise throughout the RSL, where numbers seem to take precedence over integrity. The RSL membership requirements are being gradually eroded whereby inexperienced people are monitoring membership criterion. This decrepitude starts at the very top, where the National President of the RSL is not a Returned Veteran.