Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'K'

Surname: Kent
Christian Names: Lance Kenneth Kyle
Country: Australia
State or Province: QLD
City or Town: Toorbul
Case Notes:

Live: 12 Nov 2013

Lance Kenneth Kyle KENT, of Toorbul in Queensland is a member of the Toorbul RSL Sub Branch.  We are reliably informed that Toorbul Sub Branch is a spin off Sub Branch of the Bribie Island RSL Sub Branch nearby.  Kent and a colleague are responsible for the administration of Toorbul RSL Sub Branch Chapter and we believe that they are the only two members.

Kent is a Tin Medal hero and a wannabee.  He is the First Officer for the Toorbul Rural Fire Service but wears three tin medals on his left breast that have been purchased by him as indicated below -;

Kent-1

In the photograph above, Kent is wearing from left to right,

Australian Service Medal 1945-75.  (Entitled)

National Medal with first clasp.  (Entitled)

Regular Forces Medal. (Not entitled, purchased)

Citizens Military Forces Medal.  (Not entitled, purchased)

Emergency Services Medal. (Not entitled purchased)

These are the self-purchased medals -;

Kent-2

Kent-3

Kent-4

Our investigations reveal that Kent served with the Citizens Military Forces/Australian Reserve Forces for a long period in a number of units.  This included a period on full time duty (FTD) with the Australian Regular Army.  He served in Papua New Guinea for some time and attained the rank of Sergeant.

He is also entitled to wear the National Medal with first clasp for his services to the Rural Fire Service. For the period of his military service, he is entitled to wear the Defence Force Medal, but for some reason he is not wearing that award.

His official medal entitlement is:

Australian Service Medal 1945-75 clasp PNG.

National Medal with first clasp.

Australian Defence Medal.

Kent has no doubt served his country and local community well.  Why he would want to embellish his military history by wearing three cheap tin medals with his official medals is a mystery that only he can answer.

It can only be to impress all those around him. The general public would not know they were tin, but genuine servicemen and veterans everywhere can identify bought medals at a glance.

These tin medals can be purchased in Medal Shops or over the internet for about twenty dollars.  They do not mean a thing if they have not been awarded officially.

Our advice to Kent is to remove them completely.  If he has an irresistible compulsive urge to wear unofficial  tin medals, then they should be worn on the right breast below any next of kin medals.

This is published in the public interest, veterans of all conflicts, in particular that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from the private citizens are supported by statement of fact and statutory declarations.

Persons appearing on our site that are now deceased will not be removed, but the case will have the word "Deceased" placed next to their name when we are advised.

UPDATE 23 JUN 15

It is a special kind of wannabe indeed that fails to realise when his goose is cooked and Lance KENT definitely fits the bill.

Our initial exposure of KENT in November 2013 highlighted this Tin Medal Hero as a peacock in the Toorbul Fire Brigade in Queensland while we also revealed that he is also a member of the Toorbul RSL Sub Branch.

Since our exposure of KENT who was photographed wearing a mixture of tin rubbish and official medals, we find that our hero has obtained his Australian Defence Medal (ADM) and has gone to the trouble to have a ribbon bar made up.

Of course, our man knows nothing of the correct order of wearing his legitimate entitlement and appears in the photograph with his ribbon bar upside down.

Now, if this was his only indiscretion we at ANZMI would not have wasted time with this peacock’s story, but thankfully for us, and the wider veteran’s community, there are good people out there willing to report idiots like KENT.

It can be clearly seen in the photograph that KENT is wearing two rows of ribbons.   The first, with three ribbons is his correct entitlement, albeit upside down, meaning they are in the wrong order.   The top row of four contains nothing but tin rubbish that has no place anywhere near official medals.   The ribbons are those of the three tin medals we identified in our original exposure, the last is a tin commemorative Queen Elizabeth Golden Jubilee medal.

On his right side, KENT can be seen wearing the Queensland Citation awarded following the floods of 2011-12.   We can only assume he has an entitlement to that award and that he has not ‘self-awarded’ himself something else he has no entitlement to wear.

Note, we use the term manufactured and not ‘struck’ when referring to tin medals.   That is because they are nothing more that mass produced trinkets, whereas official medals awarded by State and Federal Governments are struck under Royal Warrant and treated with the dignity befitting our Honours and Awards.

Mixing tin rubbish with official awards, simply to make oneself look like a veteran with extensive operational experience is not only snubbing a nose at our Honours and Awards system, but is also offensive to the veterans community.   It is even more offensive when someone who should know better does it.   Tin medals are purchased by the individual and self-awarded.   They have no place being worn with official awards.

Let us hope that KENT does not have a training role in the Toorbul Fire Brigade where he could influence young firefighters who would believe him to be a more experienced veteran rather than the fraud he really is.

Let us also hope that the members of the Toorbul Fire Brigade and the Toorbul RSL Sub Branch read this exposure and take appropriate action against this peacock.

Stick to what you do best Mr Kent, selling raffle tickets and while you are at it, sell a few to raise money for veterans who earned their medals the hard way.

Surname: Kingston
Christian Names: Timothy
Country: Australia
State or Province: Queensland
City or Town: Cairns
Case Notes:

Timothy Kingston of Edmonton, Cairns, Far North Queensland has somewhat exaggerated his Military History.

According to Timothy he served in the Army and completed four clandestine tours of Afghanistan.

In reality, this dud has never pulled on a boot, and never suffered the lash of a Regimental Sergeant Majors tongue. He has not a skerrick, not a scintilla, not a crumb, of military history. He is just a pathetic wannabe liar.

He has told all who would listen that "he served for six years and did four tours in Afghanistan. His service in the "Sand Pit" involved secretive missions where he was parachuted in to conduct hostage recovery missions, in some cases he had to shoot his way out".   He also explains that he sought discharge "because he was "Sick of dropping people"

He said his unit was"4," which was an Intelligence Special Forces Unit. Initially there were eight people in his team but now there were only two left, all the others have been killed".

He further said he was "in a bad way, because of "PTS" (sic) and was waking up with bad dreams from when he was on tour." He also related that "he had to carry his dead friend out of the "field" when he was deployed, and had been involved in his funeral and another one of his friends".

More verbal garbage, "After he was discharged he was made redundant from a civilian job and within a day, the Army contacted him to offer him his job back as they really needed his skills and they had been keeping an eye on his career".

Kingston has a severe case of the "Walter Mitty syndrome" with unremitting tales of his heroic Defence Service. Kingston has never served, and would have no idea of what it takes to be even an ordinary soldier let alone one of the very elite who become involved in Special Forces Operations in war zones

We contacted Kingston and asked him about his Military Service.

"Tim

Am back again, there seems to be controversy as to whether you have ever served in the Australian Defence Force, as have been unable to locate a Defence Service File for a person with your name?

Can you please confirm that you have served.?"

Here is his answer of the 8th April 2014

"Ididn’t serve in the army and don’t know where that information has come from

Regards
 Tim"

As we have numerous Statutory Declarations clearly defining where the information came from we responded to Kingston, see below:

"Tim

We hold numerous Statutory Declarations from people who allege  you have related your military history to.

Because you state that the Statutory Declarations are untrue, we will report the Signatories to the Cairns Federal Police  for investigation regarding the possibility of making false declarations, which is a serious Federal offence.

Regards"

Some advice for Kingston is to shut up, or join up, and put some substance to his tales, however, we would wager that he doesn't have the physical or psychological strength to pass even the Army Recruit Training program.

Fame and infamy is found in many corners. Kingston's corner, for ever more, is this web site, whenever his name is "Googled" it will lead straight to here, which is the price paid by those who falsely claim heroic Military service.

Surname: Kirkman
Christian Names: Harry
Country: Australia
State or Province: NSW
City or Town: Mount Druitt
Service: RAN
Case Notes:

Harry Kirkman's war story

Kirkman came to our attention in 2004 when an interview about his Navy service was published in the Sydney Morning Herald and the Melbourne Age. We have accessed Kirkman's service file and determined that as a 17 year old sailor, Kirkman joined HMAS VENDETTA when it sailed to Singapore/Malaya/Borneo as part of the Far East Strategic Reserve (FESR) Naval force operating in that area between August 1965 and March 1966.   Here is a report about that service as told to the Melbourne Age by Harry Kirkman.

Harry Kirkman insists that Two Hundred prisoners of war including women, children and aged persons were gruesomely and relentlessly tortured on the deck of HMAS VENDETTA between the 29th November 1965 and 4th December 1965. He also insists that sometime between 20 November 1965 and March 1966 a riot took place near a British naval base in Singapore in which a British serviceman was killed and crew from HMAS Vendetta were injured.  Did these events really happen or has Harry Kirkman concocted  a "story" to  enhance his war experience and gain benefits from The Department of Veterans Affairs for himself and others?

HMAS VENDETTA

Harry Kirkman, 65

April 25, 2004

INDONESIAN CONFRONTATION (1964-1966)

Harry Kirkman's greatest escape during the Indonesian confrontation was fleeing "an angry mob brandishing machetes and screaming death to all white men". He turned the wrong corner on leave in Singapore during 1965 and walked straight into "a fully blown race riot where local natives were running towards us whacking any white fella with big stick", he said, "and it looked like curtains". The mob wounded some of his mates and attacked an English officer "beating him to death with bamboo sticks, so I turned and bolted faster than I've ever run in my life to get the hell out of there".

Joining the navy at 15 because "it seemed the best way to help Australia", he served during the confrontation as gunnery officer on HMAS Vendetta, looking for communist insurgents in the Malacca Straits.

"We were the only ship between the communist enemy and non-communist Malays," he said. He tailed 80 Indonesian communist vessels, "loaded and fired very heavy 4.5-inch shells" at enemy ships and "had a few direct hits". His biggest catch was arresting an inconspicuous enemy vessel travelling towards Malaya with 200 Indonesian communists hiding on board. "We held them on the upper deck chained together for five days, interrogated them and turned them over to the Malayan government. That's how we helped win that war."

After the war he served throughout Asian waters on escort vessels Bandanna and Duchess before "stress got to me. Eventually I got a free discharge because they could not control me".

He is married and lives in Sydney.

(Note:  Kirkman is not 65 years old - he was born 1st August 1948)

Kirkman has completed other written statements relating to the same or similar incidents, here are excerpts from four other statements he has written.

Statement 1. Undated

On the 29th November we sailed for another patrol returning to Singapore on the 4th December. During this patrol an Indonesian boat with 200 odd Indonesian Army personnel on board were arrested and these people were chained to the Quarter Deck where they were interrogated by Malaysian Army personnel for 5 days. The upper deck was washed down morning and night using fire hoses to clean the area and the people the whole time they were on board. I remember one time during our trip to the Far East I was ashore in Singapore sitting near the gates outside the wharves having a few drinks and something to eat when it seemed like thousands of Singapore natives came screaming up the street banishing bamboo sticks and attacking any British servicemen they laid eyes upon which also included Australian Sailors. Not 15 feet from where I was sitting I witnessed the death of a British Sailor from these people bashing him to the head with their sticks and kicking him. I remember that our leave was suspended until we set sail, which was delayed, due to the number of our ships company being injured during these riots.

Statement 2. February 22nd 2004

During this patrol we engaged an Indonesian boat with 200 odd Indonesian Army personnel on board whom we arrested and these people were chained to the Quarter Deck where they were interrogated by Malaysian Army personnel.

These people were on board for 5 days and we were told that the Quarter Deck was out of bounds. Like all 17 year olds, curiosity killed the cat and the temptation was too great and many sailors investigated what was happening on the Quarter Deck.

Various times over those 5 days I witnessed these people being tortured by the Malaysian Army. They tortured women, children and even the old folks relentlessly for the 5 days. It scared my brain for life what I saw it was gruesome.

We sailed for another patrol on December 8th returning on December 29th. On the 10th December we were ordered to sail toward Raffles Light where we met up with over 80 Indonesian War ships sailing up and down the waterway at full speed.

We were the only allied ship in the area for nearly 4 hours and we were at action stations the whole time as we were unsure what the Indonesian's intentions were so we sailed up and down the coast with them.

The first time I saw these ships was when I had completed my watch in the boiler room and when I came to the upper deck and looked over to the Indonesian Navy sailing what looked like a hundred yards of our starboard I was extremely scared that I would not see home again.

When you are 17 and you are onboard a Destroyer in the Royal Australian Navy nothing gets your adrenalin pumping faster than being on board and traveling at full speed, but when you add the enemy also traveling side by side at full speed, words cannot explain how one felt.

Fortunately 2 of their ships run aground and the British Air force flew over roughly at the same time followed by additional war ships joining us, but those 4 hours I thought it will be the last I would see.

We were part of the Strategic Reserve for another 2 months and we completed another 2 patrols of Borneo before returning home on March 12 th 1966. During this period I remember one time when I was ashore in Singapore sitting near the gates to the wharves leading to the HMAS Vendetta having a few drinks and something to eat when it seemed like thousands of Singapore natives came screaming up the street banishing sticks and attacking any British servicemen they laid eyes upon which also included Australian Sailors.

Not 15 feet from where I was sitting I witnessed the death of a British Sailor from these people bashing him to the head with their sticks and kicking him. I ran for my life with only a few minor bruises and was picked up by the Shore Patrol and whisked back to HMAS Vendetta. I remember that our leave was suspended until we set sail, which was delayed, due to the number of our ships company who were injured during these riots .

Statement 3. 28 February 2005, includes the following;
Between 29 Nov and 4 Dec 1965 "an Indonesian boat with 200 odd people onboard were arrested and I witnessed these people being chained to the Quarter deck and subjected to beatings by Malaysian Army personnel for 5 days........They tortured women, children and even the old folk relentlessly for the five days"

On 10 December 1965, VENDETTA was ordered " to sail towards Raffles Light where we met up with 80 Indonesian warships sailing up and down at full speed." He came of watch in the boiler room and from the upper deck "looked over to the Indonesian Navy sailing what looked like a hundred yards off our starboard."

He "was sitting near the gates to the wharves leading to the HMAS VENDETTA having a few drinks and something to eat when it seemed like thousands of Singapore natives came screaming up the street banishing sticks and attacking any British servicemen.....not 15 feet from where I was sitting I witnessed the death of a British sailor from these people bashing him to the head with their sticks and kicking him...... I remember that leave was suspended until we set sail, which was delayed due to the number of our ship's company who were injured during these riots."

Statement 4. 27 June 2007 -  On the 20th June 2007 we wrote to Kirkman telling him that we had received reports questioning his account of  events that occurred on VENDETTA in 1965 1966. He sent us the following email