Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'J'

Surname: Jordan
Christian Names: Antony Francis
Country: Australia
State or Province: Victoria
City or Town: Melbourne
Service: Citizen Military Forces
Case Notes:

Antony "Tony" Francis Jordan.

1: CMF 1960's

2: Current Vice President VVAA Phillip Island (Museum Branch)

3: Convicted bogus Vietnam veteran.

4: Unsuccessful DVA  veteran's Disability Pension applicant

5: AATTV association scourge

6: Expelled from US Special Operations Association.......

Like to read more on this poor excuse for a soldier?

To simplify this entire saga of fraudulent representation one first needs to read the following two newspaper reports dated 16th and 19th of October 1980

ANZMI was approached by numerous veterans with complaints and protests regarding JORDAN.  Members of the VVAA were at odds as to why a convicted bogus veteran would hold the Executive position of Vice President of the Museum Branch at Phillip Island - accompanying his bogus veteran charges were offences of theft of ammunition and other Quatermaster Store items - for which he was also found guilty - and now he has access to donated memorabilia at the museum ....... this does not sit well with some veterans.

ANZMI were advised JORDAN has applied for a disability pension for injuries and illnesses he relates to his "war service" - again an involvement which has rankled many genuine veterans.  How could a part time soldier be considered for veteran status when he was never posted (allocated for duty) to Vietnam under the legal military process?  Checks and balances have shown JORDAN made his own way to Vietnam and once discovered by the Australian Army was immediately taken into custody and returned to Australia - the embarrassment and potential for an "international incident" had he been KIA (killed in action) would have been devastating for the government in power at the time.

With the above information/intelligence at hand ANZMI wrote to JORDAN giving him 17 days to reply.

As with most bogus veterans, JORDAN opted to ignore replying, and instead we received an email from a Level 4 Advocate.