Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'B'

Surname: Bees
Christian Names: Anthony George
Country: Australia
State or Province: Queensland
City or Town: Bribie Island
Case Notes:

Anthony George Bees - The case of the hustling Hussar .

From our experience dealing with wannabes of all kinds, we find  they share many behavioural traits. We created a profile that is indicative that a person may be a wannabe. Tony Bees fits many aspects of our wannabe profile because he claims the following

1.  Rank that he never attained.
2.  Bravery awards that he was never awarded.
3.  Service with Special Forces on secret operations.
4.  He is not allowed to discuss his service because of the UK Secrecy provisions
5.  He wears many trinkets when "done up" for ceremonial occasions
6.  He forges and alters documents as required to "prove" his credentials
7.  He is the President of an Ex Service Organisation (this gives credence to his claims)
8.  Exaggerates his civilian occupation

The 8th King's Royal Irish Hussars was first raised as Henry Conyngham's Regiment of Dragoons in Ireland in 1693. It saw service for three centuries, including service in Korea in 1950 - 1951. The warriors from this ancient, fierce unit are displeased with  Anthony George Bees who has brought discredit to their illustrious history. The United Kingdom Korean Veterans Association, the Australian Korean Veterans Association and veterans generally are disgusted at the contemptuous behaviour of this ex British soldier who says he served in Korea with The 8th Kings Royal Irish Hussars then was a Special Forces hero who was awarded an MM and Bar for his part in quelling the savage Mau Mau uprising in Kenya during the 1950s

Most Australian veterans would look twice or even thrice at Tony Bees rack of medals as worn when the Bribie Island Naval Association Sub Section and the Returned Services League Sub Branch combined to commemorate Korean Forces Day at Bribie Island on Queenslands Sunshine Coast on the 27 July 2006. However nothing seems to have been said, or done.  We stumbled on to Tony Bees photograph whilst working on another matter, subsequently we learnt that a Returned and Services League (RSL) Sub Branch has been wrestling with the Tony Bees issue for more than ten years. See the photo Below:

Bees is wearing on the top row a Military Medal and Bar (MM) (Imperial bravery medals) two British Army Korea medals, a General Service medal and another unrecognised medal. The bottom row consists of United States (US) medals including a Silver Star (bravery medal), Bronze Star, Purple Heart (awarded by US for being wounded in action) and two other medals. A "Bar" worn on a bravery medal means that the medal has been awarded twice. In the Bees photo the "Bar", is the silver horizontal device about a third of the way up the ribbon above the actual medal. It is clearly visible in the photograph and by wearing it Tony  Bees is declaring that he has won the Military Medal for bravery on two occasions.

We urge Ex Service Organisations to take early decisive action against suspected wannabes, those unable to solve a wannabe problem have an open invitation to seek our help - 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Simply send advice to information@anzmi.net

We wrote to Tony Bees and requested that he show evidence of having received the various bravery awards. Here is his reply

From: Ray Bennett <>
Date: 28 September 2010 14:42
Subject: ray
To: enquiries@anzmi.net

rodney  i recieved your letter dated 10/9 after returning from sydney .. sorry for the delay in responding by the date reqested .
my only medal entitlement are
vietnam medal
active service medal
australian service medal
during 1993a small group decided to visit vietnam aug 1993.before leaving i purchased some ribbons and a i c b that i was not
entitled.
the ribbons were
vietnam campain medal
good conduct [maron and white in color]
a ribbon for effective service[blue and yellow]
a red and gold ribbon
i c b
i wore these ribbons at the long tan memorial service 1993
during 2002 i was confronted about my military service and the incident in 1993
i indecated that as part of my military service earlier had service with 6RAR and also had worked with 4RAR  during op TOAN THANG II
when131  was  at  FSB lion  i think it was in AO CURTIN  and during nov 68 we were then moved to the horseshoe.
i have continuosly regreted the hurt i have caused to veterans and their families and many good friends i have lost due to my misleading and lying to them.
for years i have been living with the guilt and dishonesty of saying what i did and at near 70 i wish i could  understand why i did those things.i raised my son to be a good honest person and to respect others
in 1993 i done the complete oppisite trying to impress others and trying to gain friends i have let a lot of people down having been in a civilian career of trust and someone people relied on to help them
i appologise sincerly for having lied and misled the veteran community and their families and especially to all members of 6RAR and 4RAR

could you please give me time to respond to any emails you send or do you have a
PO BOX  iam still trying to learn about the computer  and how to do emails

ray

TO ALL MEMBERS OF 131 DIV LOC BTY

during my service in the army i was posted to 131 div loc bty ..during1993 i let the unit down with my inapropriate actions and portraying that i was someone i was not .
in august 1993 i  returned to vietnam with a small group and  at the long tan memorial service iwore ribbons and i c b which i was not entitled i was with 131 div loc bty from 16 sept 1968 to 14 jan 1969
iappologise to all members and there families of 131div loc bty and to the personell from radar  lp s  bhq when we were tgether there

ray bennett

Again the question must be asked - why would a genuine Vietnam veteran behave in such a disgraceful and disgusting manner?

It is bad enough when those exposed have not pulled a boot on in defence of our country - but why would a genuine veteran feel the need to magnify his service?

ANZMI congratulate the veteran who finally approached us with his research and evidence, it took him some years to steel himself to what do must be done.  There will be those who take the attitude of: "This happened 17 years ago, why not let it go?" - Our reply is simple, 17 members of Delta Company 6 RAR paid the supreme sacrifice at Long Tan 44 years ago - time holds no pardon for those who would walk in the blood of our brothers.  One of ANZMI's investigators lost a very close mate in that horrific battle and cannot forget those brave fellows and their actions on that day so many years ago.

Another photo taken at the Long Tan Cross, Bennett is on the right

Raymond Walter BENNETT will remain on this website for eternity.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from private citizens are supported by statements of fact and statutory declarations.