Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'B'

Surname: Bayliss
Christian Names: Danny
Country: Australia
State or Province: Unknown
City or Town: Unknown
Service: Army Reserves
Branch: Infantry
Case Notes:

Danny BAYLISS

Not surprisingly, in most of these fraudulent histories the wannabe recreates himself as a Special Forces soldier or a member of an elite unit, creates deployments that he never went on, and gives himself qualifications he never earned.

1. Bayliss had a smattering of Army Reserve service in various parts of Australia. He first enlisted into the Army Reserve in South Australia in August 1982 under another name (which ANZMI knows, but will not be divulging here) and served there until July 1983 when he was discharged at his own request. He next enlisted  into 51FNQR (Far North Queensland Regiment) a Regional Force Surveillance Unit based in Cairns, Queensland in March 1987. He was discharged from 51FNQR as "unsuitable" in July 1987.

2.  He next appeared in the Army Reserve, with a new service number and under his present name in Western Australia's 16RWAR (Royal Western Australian Regiment) in April 1992. He served in both 16 RWAR and 11/28 RWAR until September 1993, and was once again discharged at his own request.
An undistinguished but honourable service history, but that wasn't good enough for Danny Bayliss. He went on to invent a much more interesting and colourful military history for himself.

3.  Unfortunately for Bayliss, he decided to publish his bogus history on an internet bulletin board, where it quickly came to the attention of a number of ex servicemen who had genuine service in both the Special Air Service and 3RAR (Parachute Battalion), who alerted ANZMI to his website. (the website was taken down after we contacted Bayliss about his claims)

4.  This is a screenshot of the bogus history he posted on the site:

Anybody with any idea of military service will note his incorrect terminology for units and qualifications, the spelling mistakes i.e. "parashooter", and a simple comparison of his real military service record of about three years Army Reserve service and his bogus claims of twenty years in elite Regular Army units (SAS and 3RAR) shows him up as a liar and a wannabe.

Soldiers who are selected to serve in the ADF's special forces and elite units undergo rigorous mental and physical training.  They have many and varied combat skills, and all are earned the hard way, by doing the necessary courses and practising and honing those skills in combat situations, rather than imagining them in their dreams. The members and ex members are intensely proud of their reputation and honour both within the military and in civilian life.

Fakers like Bayliss who steal their honour rightly attract their total contempt. We thank those ex members who drew our attention to this wannabe's website.
Welcome to the world of shame, Danny Bayliss, and a place in the gallery of wannabes.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from private citizens are supported by statements of fact and statutory declarations.

Surname: Bayliss
Christian Names: Blayne
Country: Australia
State or Province: Victoria
City or Town: Camberwell
Service #: A221147
Service: RAAF
Branch: Clerical/Linguist
Commencement of service: 1961
Completion of service: 1969
Case Notes:

Blayne Murray BAYLISS "PhD".Previously known as Blayne PEARCEY and was born Blayne JAMES now of the leafy suburb of Camberwell, Melbourne, Victoria, served in the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) under the name of Blayne PEARCEY.

Pearcey desired fifteen minutes of fame and sought it through a media release which is farcical. Instead of fifteen minutes of fame as a "Super Spy", he has found, a lifetime of infamy on this website.

Here is the truth of Pearcey's service, the information was derived from his 171 page RAAF File.

Joined RAAF 11 July 1961 aged 18 years

Worked as Trainee Clerk and Administrative Clerk until 3 Dec 1964

January 1964,commenced Chinese Mandarin Languages course at RAAF
Language School

January 1964, promoted to Acting Sergeant

Promoted to Substantive Sergeant 4 Dec 1965

Applied for Commission. Application rejected 1October 1965

Posted to Hong Kong 22 Feb 1966

Returned from Hong Kong for disciplinary reasons 28 March 1967

March 1967 posted to Department of Air Linguists Pool, at School of Language Laverton.

Posted to Department of Defence as Linguist Melbourne 7 Feb 1968

Discharged from RAAF at own Request 24 March 1969

Bayliss has played childish games causing Politicians, Defence bureaucracy, and Department of Veterans Affairs to waste time in searching for information that he well knows, does not, and never has existed. Genuine applicants for Veterans entitlements have been made to wait while Bayliss plays out his fantasies.

We phoned Bayliss and he iterated what was said in the media release. In addition, he said that he was secretly working with the United States (US) National Security Agency (NSA) and the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and other secret agencies, as well as spending time posted to the secret intelligence establishment at Pine Gap in Australia. He further said that all information about his secret work had been deliberately omitted from his RAAF Service File. Bayliss also disclosed that he worked at an Australian Intelligence establishment, where he would go to work in the morning and could be sent on "secret missions" at the drop of a hat, like the jaunt in the US Submarine in the Gulf of Tonkin.

Bayliss went on to say that some years ago he had to disclose his "secret service" because his medications for his "war caused" illnesses were costing him more than $100 dollars a month and he was hoping that his disclosure would influence the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) to provide him with benefits. Bayliss soon learned that DVA do not give benefits to false claimants

Notice in the media release, that Bayliss has influenced his local Federal Member of Parliament to make enquiries on his behalf to get his "phantom" service recognised. He also said that a prominent Senator had on another occasion investigated his case with negative results (No surprise there). Bayliss is making claims in an attempt to falsely gain benefits, and is costing Tax payers money by wasting DVA time, and the time of busy Politicians.

His file is complete and accounts for his time during the 1960s when he claims to have; "Spent much of the 1960s near enemy lines decoding messages for the US Armed Forces in the Malayan Emergency and the Gulf of Tonkin Incident"

The US were not involved in the Malayan Emergency and in any case it ended in 1960 before Bayliss joined the RAAF.

The Gulf of Tonkin incident occurred on the 4 August 1964 at that time Bayliss was at the RAAF School of Languages, Laverton learning Chinese Mandarin

Bayliss also claims a Doctorate in Information Technology (IT) and uses the Post Nominal PhD. We are reliably advised that he has noted "PhD" on his RSL membership form. He told our investigator that he was awarded the Doctorate by the Bridgewater University, located in the United States.

There are two Bridgewater Universities in the United States one is in Massachusetts and the other in Virginia. We have contacted both establishments and neither have any record of a person named Bayliss or Pearcey ever earning a Doctorate.

Bayliss was again asked about his PhD and he said "Oh sorry. I meant Bridgewater in London" In fact he does not have a PhD, that, like his secret jaunts is no more than scurrilous deception.

He was involved in Intelligence work but only as a Linguist in an office, he was never a "James Bond" as he would have you believe. It could well be argued that his lies about his RAAF Service fall into the criminal category of "Deception to gain benefit".

Bayliss appears to be a respectable elderly gentlemen, however beneath the facade there is a calculating liar, fraud and wannabe.

People do not become "crooks" overnight and Bayliss is likely to have been falsely representing himself in one way or another all his life. We don't know what happened in Hong Kong that caused his immediate return to Australia but we are not surprised.

Bayliss holds the senior position of Treasurer at the Camberwell, Melbourne Returned and Services League (RSL) . Allowing such a person to hold that position of responsibility and trust after this exposure, would be an act of negligence by the Executive Committee of the Camberwell RSL

Australian and New Zealand veterans will not allow liars and fools like Bayliss to extol false claims of heroic service and at the same time disparage the ability of Defence to keep proper records of service.

Bayliss has used the valuable time of hard working politicians in an endeavour to falsely gain benefit. We do not have the naivety of politicians and we condemn Bayliss for his calculated, dishonesty.

He well deserves this place on our web site.

Surname: Beerie
Christian Names: Jimmy
Country: Australia
State or Province: NSW
City or Town: Lismore
Service: Army
Commencement of service: 0
Completion of service: 0
Case Notes:

Jimmy Beerie, aka James (Jimmy) Maxwell Tatham, aka James Leggo, aka Len Gallagher.

This man currently lives in Lismore, New South Wales, he uses the name Jimmy Beerie

He was adopted into the Leggo family in 1942 and given the name James Leggo, his birth name is Maxwell Tatham. For many years he has pretended to be a Vietnam Veteran and an ex Agent of the Australian Secret Intelligence Service (ASIS) to “con” acts of kindness from  genuine Veterans and generally inflate his false reputation within his circle of acquaintances.    From the age of 12 years he has been a Petty Criminal and Conman, using various names to weave his deceit.  His abilities as a criminal and conman can be judged by the many years he has spent in and out of prisons.

.

This human detritus for three years led a Vietnam Veteran into financial hardship by conning him into believing he was assisting a fellow Vietnam Veteran in a time of hardship. In fact Beerie has never served in any Defence Force anywhere, his only “service” has been as an Inmate in Prisons.

In 2009 after hearing a genuine Veteran on Talkback radio 2SM Sydney, Beerie contacted the genuine Veteran through the radio station and coerced a friendship on the basis of their “mutual Defence Service”.

We hold Statutory Declarations detailing Beerie’s actions and what he has told people about himself. Here are examples:

  1. Had military service as covert operator, Australia Secret Intelligence Service in Vietnam and also New Zealand.

  2. Was involved in battle of Long Tan in Vietnam, where he was in an intelligence role and lying in a camouflaged position when an enemy soldier unknowingly urinated on him. He then killed the enemy soldier.

  3. After discharge built his own computer and hacked into Defence Computer System. Four State and Federal Policemen raided him and found nothing. Next day Federal Police returned and asked him to work for them tracing overseas Paedophile accounts.

  4. Claims to be involved with “The Mob” (we assume he means Mafia) and has killed many people.

  5. Claims to be very close friends with a controversial female politician who hid out at his place during difficult times.

  6. Has been observed by numerous Veterans on ANZAC Days in Lismore wearing Defence Medals

  7. Has an Army Identification Card showing another persons name, which he claims to be that which he used during his “Vietnam Service”.

Here is an excerpt from one of the Stat Decs in our possession:

Beerie required life saving surgery and had to travel from Lismore to Sydney, and needed a Carer to accompany him. The genuine Veteran's wife volunteered to be the Carer.  Beerie led the Carer to believe that her expenses would be covered by Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA).  After caring for Beerie through his operation and recovery, Beerie promised he would submit a claim for the Carer to DVA.  The travel and accommodation expenses for the Carer were around $1,100.

When the Veteran’s wife discovered that Beerie had failed to submit the claim for her expenses to DVA, she submitted a claim herself and was told that Beerie had no DVA entitlements, and in any case, he had already been paid for a claim he submitted to the State Governments Isolated Patients Travel and Assistance Scheme (IPTAS), of course Beerie kept the money for himself.

If you reside in the Lismore area of NSW don’t allow this “Rat” to convince you that he is a Returned Veteran or any kind of ex Spy. He is a recidivist criminal and conman who will take advantage of you if he gets the opportunity.

Beerie at one stage of his criminal career was incarcerated in Boggo Road Prison in Brisbane under the name Len Gallagher. We are also reliably advised that he will not go too close to the Queensland Border, as there is a current Warrant for his arrest in Queensland in relation to a charge for Impersonating a Police Officer.

Beware of Beerie aka Leggo aka Tatham aka Gallagher. He is not a returned Serviceman as he would have you believe. He is a scurrilous opportunistic con man who has no redeeming qualities.

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from private citizens are supported by statements of fact and statutory declarations.

Surname: Bees
Christian Names: Anthony George
Country: Australia
State or Province: Queensland
City or Town: Bribie Island
Case Notes:

Anthony George Bees - The case of the hustling Hussar .

From our experience dealing with wannabes of all kinds, we find  they share many behavioural traits. We created a profile that is indicative that a person may be a wannabe. Tony Bees fits many aspects of our wannabe profile because he claims the following

1.  Rank that he never attained.
2.  Bravery awards that he was never awarded.
3.  Service with Special Forces on secret operations.
4.  He is not allowed to discuss his service because of the UK Secrecy provisions
5.  He wears many trinkets when "done up" for ceremonial occasions
6.  He forges and alters documents as required to "prove" his credentials
7.  He is the President of an Ex Service Organisation (this gives credence to his claims)
8.  Exaggerates his civilian occupation

The 8th King's Royal Irish Hussars was first raised as Henry Conyngham's Regiment of Dragoons in Ireland in 1693. It saw service for three centuries, including service in Korea in 1950 - 1951. The warriors from this ancient, fierce unit are displeased with  Anthony George Bees who has brought discredit to their illustrious history. The United Kingdom Korean Veterans Association, the Australian Korean Veterans Association and veterans generally are disgusted at the contemptuous behaviour of this ex British soldier who says he served in Korea with The 8th Kings Royal Irish Hussars then was a Special Forces hero who was awarded an MM and Bar for his part in quelling the savage Mau Mau uprising in Kenya during the 1950s

Most Australian veterans would look twice or even thrice at Tony Bees rack of medals as worn when the Bribie Island Naval Association Sub Section and the Returned Services League Sub Branch combined to commemorate Korean Forces Day at Bribie Island on Queenslands Sunshine Coast on the 27 July 2006. However nothing seems to have been said, or done.  We stumbled on to Tony Bees photograph whilst working on another matter, subsequently we learnt that a Returned and Services League (RSL) Sub Branch has been wrestling with the Tony Bees issue for more than ten years. See the photo Below:

Bees is wearing on the top row a Military Medal and Bar (MM) (Imperial bravery medals) two British Army Korea medals, a General Service medal and another unrecognised medal. The bottom row consists of United States (US) medals including a Silver Star (bravery medal), Bronze Star, Purple Heart (awarded by US for being wounded in action) and two other medals. A "Bar" worn on a bravery medal means that the medal has been awarded twice. In the Bees photo the "Bar", is the silver horizontal device about a third of the way up the ribbon above the actual medal. It is clearly visible in the photograph and by wearing it Tony  Bees is declaring that he has won the Military Medal for bravery on two occasions.

We urge Ex Service Organisations to take early decisive action against suspected wannabes, those unable to solve a wannabe problem have an open invitation to seek our help - 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Simply send advice to information@anzmi.net

We wrote to Tony Bees and requested that he show evidence of having received the various bravery awards. Here is his reply